Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Great work Pam! Great song, album, band…and cover. One of the reasons I haven’t tackled any Beatles yet as a newbie, is McCartney’s work is a lot more complex than most people realise. You make it look easy…but I know you put huge time into practicing before recording it.

By the way last month when back in the UK, I drove through the sleepy little village he lives in. We were tempted to stop and go in the pub (which he occasionally frequents), but didn’t in the end, anyway I digress…nice job.

4 Likes

Thank you @MikePhil .
You are correct, McCartney’s basslines can be very complex.

2 Likes

Thank you @JDDaniel

2 Likes

Oh a total belter :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Chug Chug Motha F@^&ers !!!

This only took about 12 takes and still not where I want it; but SWMBO has beckoned me from the man-cave.

“A Favor House Atlantic”–Coheed and Cambria

https://youtu.be/7hqXy2wv_jk

4 Likes

Great job Old_Noob! Not familiar with the song but you sure look like you’re having fun with it!
:+1:

1 Like

You did a great job chugging @Old_WannaBe.
I don’t know the song either, but you did it justice and looked like you were having fun too.
Great bass face!

Looking forward to hearing you on a better recording setup to hear all your great tone better.

3 Likes

After what seemed like a lifetime on this one, it is done…
What seemed like a simple tune turned out to be not so much.
1/2 step key change in the middle gave my brain-finger connection a run for it’s money.
The original was also done on a stand up bass, so trying to find a tone that worked well made me a little more bonkers than it should have.

First cover with the Fender HMT after upgrades:
Richter mag/piezo buffer
Fralin P pickup
Delano Sonar 2-band active EQ
La Bella 760N tapewound strings

Had a 80/20 P/piezo blend, bass boosted a bit, treble cut a bit.

Anyway… here is Sea of Love by The Honeydrippers

https://youtu.be/bJU5rmIhIe0

17 Likes

Nice and relaxed. Well done

3 Likes

@John_E you did awesome on that song. I know you’ve been struggling with it for a long time, and I’m glad you finally finished it. I left a comment on YouTube as well.

4 Likes

Thanks @PamPurrs, appreciate the comment on YouTube! I’m just happy I can flush it and start something else! Haha. Now we both move on….

3 Likes

Fantastic job @John_E !! Always enjoy your covers.

3 Likes

Thank you @JDDaniel, hope all is well down there

3 Likes

Good job @John_E! Nice bass as usual!

4 Likes

I am ordering the scarlet solo this week for my birthday…a little worried about all the ‘free’ software suites that come with it.

2 Likes

Why are you worried? Usually they come with the entry level of a DAW, which is nice, plus often some other good stuff.

Just checked, it’s actually a pretty nice set you get with it. The entry levels of both Pro Tools and Ableton Live, a free instrument out of Addictive Keys, a bundle of effects and tools from Softube (these will be good), and a bunch of free focusrite plugins. Plus a Splice trial you probably won’t use, but the software bundle looks pretty solid to me.

Basically it’s the DAWs and a bunch of nice looking DAW plugins.

4 Likes

Nice job @Old_WannaBe
Don’t know the song, you looked like you were really into the groove.
It was difficult to hear it all come together, due to the volume of the backing track,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Nice job John, @John_E ,
Love the tone from the fender, and you did a great job of mixing it together.
Very smooth :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

There’s a lot, ended up not using any of it except Abelton, YMMV

3 Likes

The Softube effects it comes with look pretty good. The mastering compressor/limiter would be useful, too.

1 Like