Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Excellent job John! Everything was spot on, timing, tone and mix. I always loved that string section introduction.
:+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Why are you worried? Usually they come with the entry level of a DAW, which is nice, plus often some other good stuff.

Cause thats a whole lotta software to try and figure out.

3 Likes

Ahh. Yep. Well, luckily by and large it is top notch stuff :slight_smile:

Iā€™d recommend going with Live Lite and ignoring Pro Tools. Just Live Lite to start, get it down, then worry about plugins later (or never, depending on your goals).

2 Likes

Funny you say this, I remember when I bought the 2i2 (and new nothing about nothing btw) i installed all the software cause I figured it all had to be useful. I quickly found out I had no idea why I cared about half of it (actually most all of it).

@howard is really deep into all this vst/software stuff, and has spent a lot of time with it, but you donā€™t have to feel like you do, unless you choose to make it your thing. Itā€™s almost (if not) a whole other hobby quite frankly.

I recently got an ā€˜important updateā€™ email for Amplitude (didnā€™t even know I had or cared about)ā€¦i ignored itā€¦maybe I will care one day.

If you are buying the 2i2 to record better sound/mix on your covers, focus right (hee hee) on that at first and donā€™t get caught up in all the rest unless it moves you to do so.

2 Likes

Thanks Jerry! Yes that album is one of the ones that ā€˜made the wallsā€™ here.
Still waiting for ā€œVolume 2ā€ which was never made. A shame.

It was quite a powerhouse of a band when you look at its membersā€¦
Robert Plant/Jimmy Page/Brian Setzer/Paul Shaffer/Nile Rogers/Jeff Beck

3 Likes

Funny thing is that if I were to walk into that room, I would think meeting Plant & Page was cool, but would geek out over Brian Setzer & Paul Shaffer :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I am a HUGE Setzer fan, his big band was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen or heard live.

And Paul Shaffer has more talent than most of the music industry as a whole. He has got to be the single most underrated musician alive (outside of musician circles who know better).

3 Likes

:+1: re: Seltzer and Shaffer and their immense musical talent.

1 Like

had toā€¦

4 Likes

My wife & I saw Setzerā€™s big band Christmas show 3-4 years ago at the Durham Performing Arts Center. The FOH sound was the best Iā€™ve heard in that venue since it opened. Truly amazing. So I went to compliment the engineer as we were walking out. I used to do house sound for small venues, and what he pulled off in that 2,700 seat hall was nothing short of magic. So I said so. Turns out his family was in town for the show, and he was so thrilled at being complimented in their hearing range that he gave me his annotated set list :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I could l iisten to that all day!

3 Likes

I have his Christmas show on DVD, love it.
Was bummed that the lsat few years they toured they only did the Christmas gig though.
Tickets were so hard to get.

2 Likes

[quote]
From a discussion in another thread, if you never got the chance to see Brian Setzer with his big band orchestra, you missed one of the most amazing walls of sound ever. Pure fun and he is insanely talented. [The Brian Setzer Orchestra - Rock This Town HD (Live)]
[/quote] had toā€¦

The world needs more Big Bands.

4 Likes

This!!! :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Bass Buzz Friends,
Please find link to my latest cover.
I decided to step back to 1973 and do a Classic Pink Floyd song taken from the Dark side of the moon album.
Keep on Rockin,
Cheers Brian

13 Likes

That was super cool @TNKA36
Great tone!

2 Likes

Hi Bass Buzzers,
Lockdown is taking its toll, here is another one I did over the last couple of weeks,
enjoy and ā€œKeep on Rockinā€
Cheers Brian

9 Likes

Thanks John,
Glad you liked it,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Good Lord that was good

2 Likes

Good job Brian @TNKA36 . DSoTM is my favorite Pink Floyd album, and possibly my favorite album of all time. I particularly love Breath, and you did it perfectly.

2 Likes