Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thanks @skydvr, this was much more enjoyable than my last cover, took a lot less time to get it “close enough”.

3 Likes

Yes indeed it does. Playing a fretless is an art form unto itself. I love them though.

2 Likes

Wow @John_E that was really great. Excellent work on the slide parts! Sounded like the original there. I lost the bass (probably my poor hearing) in the mix about 1/3 to 1/2 through the song as the other instruments were louder but it came back.

Love that bass too.

4 Likes

Okay, we’re starting a cover band called Floyd the Barber, where we only do Pink Floyd . . . and songs that were featured on the Andy Griffith Show.
I think there’s a niche here that is yet untapped.
Man, I am a freakin’ genius!
:grin:
And that’s a great cover!

4 Likes

I always wanted to have a Floyd cover band callled Anderson Council. Probably not the first

3 Likes

Well played, sir. Always loved the song and you did it proud. My only problem, after watching you having so much fun and making such agreeable noises, is a sudden fretless itch that has developed in my wallet region.

3 Likes

And that’s how I got this one…I watched Constantine on YouTube do this one and suddenly this bass appears at my house.

Thanks for the kind words.

6 Likes

I noticed this too, so not just you.
What I’ve learned about fretless is you have to be really careful with plucking volume and slide speed or a note will be really really loud when you don’t want it to be. So I might have over compensated a bit here and there.

2 Likes

lol yes.

2 Likes

Great job John, @John_E ,
Love the tone and the nice slides, Pink Floyd must be popular around here :sunglasses:
, easy to see why when you get into the great bass lines they have.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Excellent job on the fretless bass @John_E ! Another favorite Pink Floyd song of mine. Are the strings flats or rounds?
:+1:

2 Likes

I’ve been slogging through the Beholden to the Riff tutorial for the intro to NIB. It’s taking ages so I thought I’d get a “work in progress” done. Hopefully the full version will be ready in a few days…

It’s not 100%, but I gather Geezer was improvising the solo in the first place and he usually plays variations…

The Beholden to the riff tutorial is at:

10 Likes

La Bella flats.

and thanks @JerryP !

4 Likes

Nice @Ed
Sabbath on a Hofner…love it!
I am very envious of your hand positioning, its really good!

3 Likes

Thanks! It actually feels really natural like this on the hofner. I like to think of this style as the love child of Paul McCartney and Geezer Butler. And maybe Lemmy as well. Now there’s a mental picture :grin:

4 Likes

Very nice @Ed . I just love hearing what people can do with the small but mighty Hofner. What a great bass that is, and you did it proud with that bassline.

4 Likes

Sounds nice @Ed ,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

That was really nice @John_E . The fretless sounded good too.

3 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: - I love the Hofner - it really is versatile with its tone and it’s so light and responsive that it’s loads of fun to play. OK it probably isn’t that suitable for modern metal but with a bit more tweaking I reckon it will be good for Sabbath etc.

3 Likes

now I’m wondering what a viola bass sounds like in BEAD through an Alpha/Omega

5 Likes