Post your covers! (2019-2022)

That is really encouraging to hear! Thanks for your kind words.

3 Likes

Very nice @Bassdacious! I was hoping your new Sandberg would be on it!

5 Likes

Thanks Pam.

4 Likes

:joy: Cheers, I did this one a couple months ago B.S. - I really want to like the Sire - it looks great and I like the tone, but she is not very comfortable to play. It has a hint of neck dive, enough to distract me and I find I’m adjusting it too much for my liking. The issues became even more obvious after I’ve been playing the Sandberg - it’s unfair to compare your kids, I know! Next cover will be with the Ladyhawk!

5 Likes

Very nice @terb! Love the bass as well! Hope your hard times are over.

5 Likes

Thanks Howard :grin:

4 Likes

Really liking the Ibanez there. Might pick up an AGB someday here to see if I like the hollow bodies - definitely cheaper than a Gretsch to start with and yours sounds great.

Loved the breakdown at 2:00 :slight_smile:

Very sorry to hear this, I hope everything is ok!

6 Likes

Thanks Jerry :metal:

4 Likes

Good job @terb. Nice to see you back.

5 Likes

Nice! I think with no real kick in place could have really gone for the full upright feel and kept the mix just fine, maybe a little EQ and light compression if needed, there really isn’t a lot floating down in the low end. Sounds awesome though.

3 Likes

Great job!

5 Likes

Amazing job @Bassdacious . As has been said if you close your eyes it could easily have been an original recording.
The hollow body sounds great @terb . The cover was presented with your usual “je ne sais quoi”. Outstanding as always

4 Likes

Nice cover @Bassdacious ,
Tracey Chapman’s stuff is really cool and you did it well,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Nice cover Laurent @terb ,
The bass tone worked really nicely in the mix.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Fantastic.
Love the song. You played it great. Good fat tone out of that Ibanez, must be the thick Hawaiian air :rofl:
No really, it sounded great and looked like a fun baseline to play.
great job.

4 Likes

I finally got my Motorhead cover done. I humbly present the classic - the Ace of Spades!

This was actually quite a big production for me. I didn’t just bang out a cover on the phone this time. No. Inspired by Pam and John’s cover thread, I actually rehearsed the song, recorded it, produced it a little and then filmed the video. Admittedly I cheated a bit on the video by playing over the recorded backing track Milli Vanilli style but the only rule in this thread is that there are no rules lol.

Keeping the rhythm going at that speed was pretty tough I’ve got to admit. But the real hero of this production, apart from the Rick, was the Okko Motorbass pedal, which is pretty cool on an amp but really sounds sweet through an audio interface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-XzY6JTI5I

19 Likes

:sunglasses::spades::metal:t2:

4 Likes

:grin:

3 Likes

I’ve tried to play that so many times and I’ve never been happy with the result. Hats off to you @Ed

3 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: I’m not totally 100% happy with this version but hey Lemmy’s playing was never 100% perfect :grin:

3 Likes