4 Likes

Dudeā€¦that was great

5 Likes

Cat. Back in high school.

5 Likes

Great cover John, @John_E
The tone in the mix was really good and it was right on point :+1:
I wasnā€™t a Kiss fan as a teenager so donā€™t really know the song :thinking:
Its about the music so the light contrast doesnā€™t really get in the way of a great cover :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

10 Likes

Well done @RuknRole !

I have a friend who goes way overboard every Halloween and has the whole dealā€¦
He came to work like this.

7 Likes

Dang that is 1st prize for best costume right there! :laughing:

6 Likes

His father is a dentist and makes him custom teeth for some tooā€¦ these are not masks. He makes them himself and spends the entire night prior applying and blending with his skin.

Gonna find this hard to believe, but he got married on Halloween.

8 Likes

Hereā€™s a simple little cover of Give Me One Reason - Tracy Chapman. Itā€™s part of a video audition I did for a band a couple of months ago. Melbourne is out of lock-down tomorrow so hopefully the live music scene kicks off again. :crossed_fingers: https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/595734690

12 Likes

You, sir, win the internet for today :laughing:

3 Likes

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/595734690

Canā€™t log in to Vimeo :anguished:

2 Likes

Well this is about as perfect as you can get!
The tone was spot on, your groove was spot on, everything was spot on!
From note #1, wow.
After a few seconds I generally look away and let my ears just enjoy the song, and I would have sworn I was listening to the original recording!!
Great great job @Bassdacious !!

5 Likes

Great job, nice tone and perfect timing all the way1

6 Likes

That was really well played!

4 Likes

Very well done! Perfect tone and groove! Great job!
:+1:

4 Likes

How do you pee?

1 Like

itā€™s been a while since my previous cover ā€¦ Iā€™ve had some hard times recently and Iā€™m busy, itā€™s not easy to find time to play some music. Anyway, here is a cover of a song from one of the very best alternative country bands Iā€™ve discovered this year.

Poor Manā€™s Poison - Pressure Cracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWSDSoAyQlo&ab_channel=anarterb

I donā€™t like ska rythms in general, but sometimes, when it has a taste of good modern country, I can find this pretty interesting. Also I love the bass line, so it was enough to convince me to record a cover. The bass line Iā€™m playing is almost the same than the original one.

I play on my Ibanez AGBV straight into the Bass POD Pro with my standard setting (the same I always use). The short scale, the semi-hollow body and the flatwound strings bring this famous ā€œbluryā€ tone, and I used it to feel hopefully somewhat a bit like an upright. Iā€™ve been able to find a more realistic upright-like tone with this bass (different pickups and tone settings) but it was more focused and resonnant, and thus harder to mix. So, I prefered to use a bit wider and flatter tone to make it sit better into the existing mix.

17 Likes

Great job @terb
Cool song, great tone and cool looking/sounding bass, perfect for the tune.
Glad to see you back.

5 Likes

Very nicely done, Laurent @terb . . . :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear youā€™ve been having hard times, but itā€™s great youā€™re back again.

Hope things will work out for you! :+1:

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes