Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Hey that sounds good to me :+1:. I always cheat and go to the tab …

3 Likes

Oh that is one of my faves. And a seriously underrated album too…

2 Likes

Band is so small there is no tab. Its mostly just arpeggios and ascending fourths.

3 Likes

Thanks ! That took a fair bit of grinding…

2 Likes

True but very satisfying if it goes well :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yeah I dont think they ever managed to make it big in the states but they were pretty huge in the UK in the 70s. I think they’ve had a cult following since…

2 Likes

It took a fair bit of warming up! Playing with a pick is definitely easier at that speed …

1 Like

That sounded pretty good for playing by ear. I had a bit of trouble with the volume. I don’t know if anyone else experienced that. I had to turn up the volume both on my computer and the speakers to get any quality sound from the video. Anyway, good job @Old_WannaBe !
:+1:

2 Likes

you did quite well ! a few timing issues but the bass line speed makes it not easy at all. also it’s a great thing that you got the bass line by ear, your transcription sounds perfectly fine to me.

yeah, the volume is really low, I had to turn up the amp too

2 Likes

Well done @Old_WannaBe - no idea if it sounds transcribed well or not, just know it sounds like it belongs in the song, so I say it does!
If the bassline fits - play it!

3 Likes

yeah that’s what I wanted to say about the bass line, I was not talking about the accuracy of the transcription but about the fact that it fits nicely into the song

3 Likes

@JerryP “Pictures of Matchstick Men” is the only song of theirs I’m familiar with too, but not even the Status Quo original - I’d only heard the cover by Camper Van Beethoven.

3 Likes

Catchy song - I get why it wormed its way into your ear. And no tabs: points awarded!
It also matters if it looks like whoever is playing is having a good time: extra points!

3 Likes

Nice job @Old_WannaBe ,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Status Quo were very popular in Australia, hits like down down, whatever you want and rockin allover the world etc in the 70’s & 80’s
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

That’s because Aussie’s have an outstanding taste in music @TNKA36 :+1:

3 Likes

After taking 6 weeks to learn The Jackson 5, I decided to scale it back a bit and learn a beginner friendly tune. It’s good for your counting. Lot’s of space and a total of 58 opportunities to either come in early or late on the hook. Dragging or rushing? Play this and you’ll find out :slight_smile:
Fender P Bass > Zoom B1 (#16 MM patch) > Focusrite Scarlett > GarageBand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eqH-sljkx0

13 Likes

Go Your Own Way (Fleetwood Mac):
https://youtu.be/8UxQe-P_Ftw

Original drums by Mick Fleetwood, original bass by John McVie removed by the Moises app, and replaced with (far superior, if I say so myself): Crush Chameleon Ash drums, Meinl MB10 cymbals, and a Warwick Streamer LX.

All recorded to PC with an RME Fireface UC interface and mixed in Reaper with various plugins.

I hope you enjoy.

15 Likes

Very nicely done @sfadams ,
Could not fault a great cover of a great timeless classic​:sunglasses::sunglasses:
Really liked it,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

great timing @Barney, you nailed it !

@sfadams your double-covers are always very impressive :sunglasses:

4 Likes