Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thank you Joe! Only another week here in NJ and I’m off again.

4 Likes

Nicely done @Al1885…. Great style, and love the tones!! Might have to turn one of my basses into a fretless one of these days…

4 Likes

Thank you John!

3 Likes

Thank you Lanny! Your comments are always well appreciated !

4 Likes

Great job, @JerryP — very relaxed but right on the beat, with nice tone. I’ve been working on this song for a while myself, and it is a lot of fun to play. And as usual, playing McCartney bass lines is a mini-clinic in how to construct bass lines.

4 Likes

Thanks David. I’m working on another Beatles/Hofner tune that I hope I’ll get done before I leave next week.

3 Likes

This sounds awesome. I love the songs. You are in the pocket the whole time and that’s a lot of notes. Great job @JerryP

4 Likes

Thank you @Al1885 !

4 Likes

Ok my next one. Smooth jazz version of how deep is your love. Please enjoy :blush:

https://youtu.be/lQ1yfcCKFhA

13 Likes

24 frets deep.

another great tune @Al1885

3 Likes

Thanks. Here’s the next one. It took a while to load.

3 Likes

Heal the world

https://youtu.be/-9ZTjhFPZHk

12 Likes

Great cover @JerryP . I dislike the Beatles with a passion but your playing made the cover more than bearable :wink:

And @Al1885 , very cool all round and you really aren’t helping my fretless gas posting these tunes :persevere: Repeat after me……… I do not need a fretless bass……I do not need a fretless bass

4 Likes

I have the answer to your woes @JerryP Helium (He) atomic number 2

10 Likes

Why not? It’s totally fun to fool around on a Fretless. Plus the unlined ones are so unforgiving it kicks your ass even on the easy songs. Once you get the hang of it it’s really is fun.

Since I’m in a Fretless mood I’ll put up the next one on a Fretless too. Lol.

In all seriousness, it’s a great learning tool and you don’t have to be an advanced player to be good at it. It’s like driving a manual. Really!

5 Likes

I’m really trying not to add to my bass collection at the moment @Al1885 and I don’t know if I’m really at a stage where I’d be good enough to make myself happy with my playing.

4 Likes

Very nice playing on both covers @Al1885 ,
Great tone from the bass, worked really nicely in the mix,
Cheers Brian :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Great work again! The hofner has a really nice round sound - is it with the bridge pickup off?

5 Likes

Hey I’m not a big MJ fan (not since the Billie Jean lesson anyway) but that sounds really sweet. I’m going down the shop tomorrow to try out some fretlesses :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks Ed!
Yes, the bridge pickup is off. Same settings as McCartney used. The signal path was Hofner to Zoom B1 with a patch that is just a compressor and slight reverb into a Rumble 100 all controls at 50%, into Scarlett 2i2 into Reaper with no effects.

4 Likes