Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Finally I’ve got the chance to put some time on the Fretless project. Oh that was fun. Happy holidays y’all.

https://youtu.be/BxxJ2ONRxXM

13 Likes

Nice playing @akos and your bass tone is great!

3 Likes

Wow @Al1885, great song, perfect playing with an appropriate bass tone. Love your relaxed style. Cool triplets. 5 :star: performance!

4 Likes

Dang @Al1885 that was awesome!
You’re making me want to try the copper nylons on my fretless now!

5 Likes

Very nicely done and the tone was superb! Nice mellow song. Excellent!
:+1:

5 Likes

Thanks @thomas @JerryP

@John_E i know I want to put that on my Tobias Renegade and see how it sound. It a bit warmer than the white gold for sure. I think this one is the the brightness of the 4 La Bella.

5 Likes

Very nice job @Al1885 ,
Love the tone you’re getting from the fretless , worked really nicely in the mix.
Nice relaxed playing around the fretboard :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Thanks. @TNKA36

4 Likes

Hey BassBuzzers! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.
I returned to NJ last week and realized I had hadn’t played the Hofner for a while. I went to Constantine’s website and grabbed a couple of Beatles tunes to try out. Here is the first one with (hopefully) a second one the way before I have to get on the road again. I hope you enjoy it and as always comments and critiques are welcome.

18 Likes

Very nice @JerryP. I covered this song a few months ago along with the drum part, but you definitely played it more smoothly than I did, and with the correct tone to boot.

4 Likes

Tone :+1:
Playing :ok_hand:
Groove :pray:

Total :100:

5 Likes

Thanks @sfadams ! It is one of my all time favorite Beatles songs, so I really wanted to try it.

5 Likes

Thank you @thomas !

4 Likes

Nice cover Jerry @JerryP ,
Great tone from the hof in the mix,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Thanks Brian! I played around with the Zoom B1 and created a simple patch through the Rumble 100 that sounds very close to McCartney’s tone. At least it sounds that way to me.

4 Likes

Great job @JerryP , great tone and timing. Of course I would expect no less from you and your mighty Hofner.
(You reminded me, I’ve been giving all my loving to my Hofner Club and haven’t played my Hofner violin bass in a while).

3 Likes

Sounded great, Jerry @JerryP ! . . . :slight_smile: . . . you nailed it.

(Welcome back to NJ, too! :wink: )

Cheers
Joe

3 Likes

Sorry @JerryP - no critiquing here, I’m afraid you nailed it perfectly all around!

3 Likes

Great job @JerryP…. Love the deeper tones that you’re getting from the Hof by playing up closer to the fretboard. Flawless….!!

4 Likes

Thanks Pam! I was having trouble standing and playing the Hofner due to the neck dive. No matter what I tried, I couldn’t get comfortable with it so I decided to sit down and play.
Thanks again.

3 Likes