Post your covers! (2019-2022)

@PamPurrs @Al1885 @Mac @JerryP @Vince @John_E @wellbi
Thanks for your comments, very helpful and greatly appreciated!

4 Likes

@JerryP - great job as always. Great tone and nailed the groove. Excellent.

@LesterH - subscribed and rang the bell. :slight_smile: Looking forward to your covers, although IMO you should feel free to post them here as well. You memorized and played Tom Sawyer by ear? I canā€™t imagine thatā€¦ I have a hard enough time remembering a song thatā€™s written out in front of meā€¦ Excellent jobā€¦

4 Likes

Thanks man! I will definitely do my best to do that. I memorized it because I played it so much figuring it out plus I love that song some of the others I still have to look at my notes when playing

4 Likes

Great cover once again @JerryP . Hit the note on the nose every time and thatā€™s not as easy as it seems.

Already subscribed @LesterH . Look forward to hearing the new stuff

3 Likes

Thank you @skydvr !

3 Likes

Thanks @Mac

2 Likes

Happy 2022 Bass Buzzers.
Listened to this gem over Xmas and decided to learn it. Itā€™s from Dire Straits second album entitled CommuniquĆ© (1979).
Fender P Bass > HX Stomp (Fender Bassman patch) > Focusrite > DAW (Garageband)
13 months of learning bass and still loving it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IXWN6Zp7yk

20 Likes

Thatā€™s great, not the easiest bassline and you nailed it.

7 Likes

Excellent @Barney ! Sounded super solidā€¦ You learned that all since Xmas? Amazingā€¦

6 Likes

Very solid performance @Barney

4 Likes

Great playing, @Barney, love it!

4 Likes

@Barney - you need a band man, you did great, good tone, good everything.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s really cool. Barney! I just wonder whatā€™s the recording chain. The tone reminds me the most of Dee Dee Ramoneā€™s Ampeg boom. :slight_smile: Great ā€¦ everything!

5 Likes

Great job @Barney ! It seemed like a difficult bassline to play, but you pulled it off beautifully!
:+1:

4 Likes

The chain was Fender P Bass with GHS Precision Flats > HX Stomp (Fender Bassman patch) > Focusrite Scarlett Solo > DAW (Garageband)
I shaped the tone using the Helix Stomp - I added a compressor pedal, an EQ pedal and the Fender Bassman amp sim. Thatā€™s it for effects. I just tweaked the settings in Helix until I liked the sound. Itā€™s a really powerful piece of kit and Iā€™m just scratching the surface of what it can do.
Thanks for all the kind words. I really enjoy watching everyone elseā€™s work, as I now appreciate how much effort goes into putting one of these out.

5 Likes

Hey guys. Just a video of my buddy and me jamming to Just Like Heaven by The Cure. Iā€™ve been a huge fan of The Cure for about 30 years now and itā€™s fun to play some of their stuff. The bass was shaking the floor of this old house my buddy rented for the weekend, so the video is super shaky.

13 Likes

thatā€™s very rockā€™nā€™rool !

6 Likes

Sounding GREAT!

4 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

That is awesome. My Gallien Kreuger amp does that when I crank it. My new little wife runs to the living room. She ainā€™t used to the low-end yet.

3 Likes