Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thanks for keeping these stats @terb Laurent. Not an easy task and it appears to be growing each year!! Just waiting for you to pull “Greenie” out again….

Keep on Thumpin’!

4 Likes

Great work @LesterH bro!! Can certainly see (and hear) a bit of classical guitar style in your form of bass play…!!:+1::+1:. Stay Stong!

4 Likes

Great job @thomas!! You friggin’ NAILED IT! :hammer::hammer::smiley::smiley:

I too love to play Some of AW’s songs and do when I play with a band sometimes during the summer when I’m visiting kids in Surf City NC and sit in with one of the local beach bar bands. Their female vocalist sounds just like her…. Again, great job!

Keep on Thumpin’!

4 Likes

You never cease to amaze me @JerryP Jerome!! Such a great job! Love it. Be safe!!

3 Likes

Great job @Barney!! Spot on COOL dude!! Dire Straits has some fun songs to play bass to….

4 Likes

“Rockin’ the House” @Paul_9207!! Love it!!

4 Likes

Well done! Love that song, super fun bassline to play. Simon Gallup is one of my heroes. You guys nailed it.

4 Likes

Thank you! I would love to get my hands on a Simon Gallup signature Schecter. Part of the genius of the Cure is Simon’s ability to hold back when he needs to or he can make the bass the star of the song.

3 Likes

He’s fantastic, really the core of the band’s sound. Bummed he just left but apparently even Robert Smith thinks they’re done after the next release.

So many great basslines. My favorite album for them is Seventeen Seconds, just a ton of good ones.

3 Likes

Very well done!
:+1:

3 Likes

Nice cover @thomas ,
Very cool,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Another great cover Jerry @JerryP ,
Nice tone and fits in with your work schedule,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Great cover @Barney ,
A classy , great tone and nice relaxed playing,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Nice job @Paul_9207 ,
Nice Simon Gallop tone you got going on this track,
Very cool,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Great cover @Paul_9207 !
I’ve played around with that on Yousician and it doesn’t sound anywhere near as good as you played it

2 Likes

Thank you Brian!

2 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

thank you!

3 Likes

First one for 2022, been messing for this for a long time.
I tried to play this right out of the gate while taking B2B and it was near impossible.
Trying my hand at more video editing with this new Speed Editor so things may look goofy (besides the goofy pic of me at the end).
Always loved Peter Criss’ voice.
This tune was originally written by Paul Stanley for Rod Stewart but after the sucess of ‘Beth’ Paul kept it for Peter and they had another hit.
The bass sits pretty loud in the original mix, and quite ‘treble-y’, I added back in some bottom end as I liked it a bit better than the original.
The oddball video graphics are the actual original ‘video’.
The oddball at the end…well that’s me.

Eb-Ab-Db-Bb tuning.
This is all bridge pickup - tone all the way up on the Gretsch, with some added backj bass from the B7K. My first DAW compressor use as well, the CLA-76, really did help smooth out gain etc and was super easy to use.

https://youtu.be/_2fE6qZKYhI

17 Likes

Very nice @John_E . Great tone, impeccable timing . A great cover and a nicely intergrated video
I could see Rod Stewart singing this but Peter definitely nailed it.

4 Likes