Post your covers! (2019-2022)

NIce fret work and tone @Vincelo ,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Moises offers a 5 way split (adding a piano stem) and unlimited uploads if you spring for the paid version.

3 Likes

Thank you Brian! I have something other than Beatles for the next cover.

2 Likes

[quote=“JerryP, post:6200, topic:3763”]I
have something other than Beatles for the next cover.
[/quote]

Yay ! :joy:
Great job @JerryP and playing in the one string in the original has certainly pricked my ears up. I would never have guessed that by listening to it.

Very groovy @Vincelo ! Nice cover

3 Likes

Next up, an old school classic. I’ve always loved this song, so thought I’d give it a go.
Nina Simone recorded “Feeling Good” for her 1965 album ‘I Put a Spell on You’.
Really enjoying digging into the HX Stomp to play around with tone. I really can’t afford a 1969 Ampeg B15, so a digital emulation is as close as I’ll get. Cheers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaZj7wuhV5I

HX Stomp geeky stuff:
Pre - Mic Requisite Y7 mic preamp
Amp - Ampeg B15
Cab - 1x15 Ampeg B15
Compressor - TeletronixÂŽ LA-2AÂŽ
Modulation - Retro Reel (Line 6 Original) for an old school tape effect

14 Likes

Most Soulful Canadian Prize @Barney
Nice laying back on the groove man.
Nina Simone is one of my favorites, lived about 15 min from me down here.

4 Likes

Awesome work by the Welshman on the Left Coast. That tone was perfect, and the timing spot on.

5 Likes

Great cover of a great song @Barney

3 Likes

Thank you @Mac !

2 Likes

Oh man, that was excellent @Barney ! Really enjoyed that! Great job!
:+1:

3 Likes

Great video @Barney , the tone you got is really nice, don’t need a 69 amp, the line 6 does a great job,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Hey great stuff @Vincelo ! How did you get the sound - just with the EQ?

4 Likes

Thanks! :smiley:

Oh yeah @Al1885 - well worth a the effort IMO. :slight_smile: You’ll probably be surprised how quickly you pick it up (pardon the pun)

4 Likes

Hey, thanks ! No, I used 2 plugins : Ampeg SVTR Classic and Neural DSP Parallax (which is a really great and versatile plugin, even if it’s more orientated towards distorsion)

4 Likes

Good choice - sounds smooth :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think my hesitation was that I sounded so bad recorded. But when I learned how to use a compressor it fixed all the inconsistent pick volume and boom, loving the pick.
The actual mechanics of picking are pretty easy, the muting (palm or helpful thumb on the fretting hand (hehe) is where the work is.

4 Likes

It’s funny, I pick more evenly than I pluck now.

On the other hand my chugging has definitely gone downhill. I tried to chug out a simple bassline of 156BPM eighths the other night and barely made it :rofl:

3 Likes

Purely a question of practice :grin:. Also sticking with downpicking keeps the attack constant. Personally I’m not going near slapping - I just don’t feel I want to devote the time to getting to a reasonable level…

2 Likes

Great cover, what headphones are they?

2 Likes

They’re Mackie MP 220’s. I didn’t want an IEM but I had a store credit to use up by the end of last year and this was the only thing I was remotely interested in from their store.
They’re OK, good for recording covers but not my everyday headphones. Obviously the bass response is limited compared to my Sennheiser open back headphones.
There are much cheaper IEM’s out there from China that’ll probably be just as good as these.
I think @eric.kiser had a set of inexpensive ChiFi IEM’s that he really liked?

3 Likes