Post your covers! (2019-2022)

@Vegaswizzle Here are the ones I have.

Linsoul KZ ZS10 Pro 4BA+1DD 5 Driver in-Ear HiFi Earphones

I’m told bass response and isolation is even better if you use memory foam earbud tips but I haven’t gotten around to that. I’ve been really happy with them.

4 Likes

I just looked to see what a 60’s B15 was going for on Reverb; about $5000. Yeah no. The HX Stomp is fantastic for a hack like me.

3 Likes

Amp+cab sims are totally the way to go for recording, IMO. Clean signal into an amp sim sounds better than miking real amps to me.

4 Likes

And is a whole lot cheaper to boot if you don’t go overboard on the sims and patches. I mean, in addition to the amp and cab, you also have to have a reasonably (read REALLY) good mike to pick up the bass with any fidelity. And, of course, since you’re also picking up ambient noise, at the very least anechoic tiling on the walls is probably a good idea. And after that, knowing this forum and knowing us, it’s building your own little recording studio and it’s a whole other rabbit hole.

3 Likes

Good grief does EVERYTHING cost more in Canada? They go for almost half that here (or did before prices went nuts). I thought I wanted one too but SIMply said no way and bought the VT Bass DI instead (which gave me an SVT at the same time.

2 Likes

So a bit of me. Sorry for the small bumps.
Hope you like it.
https://youtu.be/WQwHJm-xVxg

20 Likes

Nice job, @RolandDehli . . . :slight_smile:

Great looking bass, too!

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

Very nice @RolandDehli…!! Great tome and you were definitely in the groove! The J sounds really nice in the mix!:+1::+1:

7 Likes

great job @RolandDehli , very nice groove, very appropriate tone with the perfect balance between depth and punch , and also … metallic orange with matching headstock is very probably one of my all-time favorites colors.

5 Likes

We only talk about Bruno at my house :joy:
We also yell out random quotes from the movie for no particular reason:
“Quitter!”
“I know. * squeak *”
“And that’s why coffee is for grown-ups!”
“Miercoles.” (that’s just me, though)

Awesome job - I really enjoyed listening and watching your performance!

3 Likes

Nice relaxed playing @RolandDehli ,
nice tone in the mix, the only thing was when i saw the title, i thought cool, i love the Bee Gees :wink:, don’t know who this artist is :thinking:.
Doesn’t really matter, you did a good job,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Very nicely played @RolandDehli . Great tone and certainly in the pocket

3 Likes

This is great! Bass is killer. Groove is great. Well done man.

4 Likes

Great job and very well played @RolandDehli ! Never heard this version before but you really nailed it . :hammer:
:+1:

4 Likes

Its a version by PJ Morton

4 Likes

Hey Everyone,
I mentioned this on the live hang last Sunday so here it is. It was one those “Hey, I think I can play this.” So I did. Anyway hope you like it.

13 Likes

Very smooth playing which greatly supports the song, Jerry @JerryP

You got this! :+1:

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Another great cover @JerryP….

Although I never listened to the song at all when it came out in ‘77.

When I was a “tween” back in the ‘60’s when the original song was released, my mom wore out a half dozen “stack ‘em high - let ‘em flop” 45rpm discs of the same damn song, played on her prized “hi-fi stereo cabinet”…… by one of her favorite’s,…. Roy Orbison…. She played that same song over and over and over again…. Heard that song so many times growing up that I believe it was the song responsible for pushing me into my teenage habits of “Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll” during the latter part of the ‘60’s……

Anyway, I did manage to make it through your cover version once - which BTW you performed flawlessly - without cursing or puking…. However, if you woulda recorded your bass line WAY louder,…. Hell, maybe even just a solo bass line… Maybe then I’d be able to listen to it more than just once :joy::joy:

8 Likes

Nice @JerryP and @RolandDehli ! Both had excellent tone and sounded great on this end.

5 Likes

Great job @JerryP
That bass continues to amaze me how versatile it is.

Building a bit on what @Lanny said…a solo or, some harder songs are in order. You’re a better player than you think.

Maybe take 8 bars here and just punch in a solo for fun or something.

5 Likes