Post your covers! (2019-2022)

The Count is gonna be busy!

4 Likes

Hi guys !
A new cover of a french band I Love, Birds In Row. Pretty unconventionnal bassline :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Love it. Great job with this and a very unique style indeed! Well done @Vincelo

3 Likes

Thank you !

3 Likes

Nice playing on that hardcore punk song @Vincelo, like it!

4 Likes

Thanks !

3 Likes

Tonight I thought I would get the Hofner out and bust out an old school dance number : Minuet 1 from Bachā€™s Suite for Violinocello No.1 (BWV 1007)

It took a few goes to record and the yes I fluffed a couple of notes but generally Iā€™m pretty happy with the result. The more you work with a piece like this, the more it reveals itself to you - you can experiment a lot with different phrasings, speeds and timings and when you hit a wrong note it can sound pretty cool. So the version Iā€™m playing now will probably not be the one Iā€™ll be playing next year :slight_smile:

Must mention I worked from Heiko Jungā€™s transcription - I made a couple of minor changes to make the fingering easier but itā€™s 99% his workā€¦

I wasnā€™t sure about the tempo - there wasnā€™t a bpm on the transcription so I researched some minuets on line and decided to favour going a bit slower than in other vids on youtube.

8 Likes

Classical on a Hofner, very creative @Ed
I have totally fallen in love with Hornerā€™s tone and odd charm. I like how different this is on it.

After playing a few Beatles tunes on it itā€™s hard to remove the Beatles from the tone, which is cool in my opinion too.

Keep up the highbrow work!

4 Likes

Thanking you kindly! Iā€™d totally recommend a Hof or another short scale bass for this kind of work because of all the movement around the fretboard :slightly_smiling_face: - also I thought it had a nice ā€˜acousticā€™ tone and letā€™s face it it looks classical :wink:

Itā€™s a great little bass - really pleased with it. If I need to have a quick fiddle then I usually reach fir my Hofner :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Very nice @Vincelo ,
never heard the song, but love the sound your getting with the pick :+1:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

great song and great cover @Vincelo ! I already knew Birds In Row, but I was not aware they are french !

itā€™s more post-rock/post-metal

yeah, nice job @Ed ! and the tone of the Hofner fits well

5 Likes

Great job, and very cool song.
At the very beginning you think its going to be a total Motorhead song, and then its not, but it is a great turn and you seem to have played it perfectly, but I donā€™t know it from the original to tell. Does not matter tho, you did a great job.

3 Likes

Or even post-punk, yeah.

3 Likes

@vincelo that was great, and I really like that song, actually. Iā€™m going to check them out.

6 Likes

My core, Your Core, This core, That Core, Albicore!!!
I canā€™t take it anymore!!
-Guttermouth

4 Likes

Yeah, but - post-punk has existed as a term since like 1979. post-rock and post-metal, those are more recent :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That song existed since about 1997 maybe.
But, I think it reigns More true today then even then, with a million versions of Modern Alternative music genreā€™s when I could never care what it was, only if I like or not.

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Post-hardcore will be more appropriate actually :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah, from Laval to be specific :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes