Post your covers! (2019-2022)

I’m glad you liked it! It is a really great band, their last album in date “We already lost the world” is one of my favorite of the from those recent years

4 Likes

Hell to the yes @John_E !!!

Peace, Love, and Southern Rock n Roll!

4 Likes

Great job @JerryP ! Loved that song ever since (5th grade choir).

3 Likes

Was hoping to see you dance to my cover man!

4 Likes

Great job with the pick @Vincelo

Very posh @Ed . Strangely partial to classical music especially in the a.m

5 Likes

I knew I would never live that down. LoL Who knows, maybe the spirit will move me tomorrow in the “hang.”

3 Likes

Thanks! I find it calms me down a bit…:wink:

2 Likes

Very nice @Ed ! I’d like to see more classical pieces here. Nice change of pace.
:+1:

2 Likes

Thank you @JDDaniel !

1 Like

Thanks - I thought I’d take a break from all the headbanging :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks !

2 Likes

Another old school classic, that’s a ton of fun to learn. I grew up in a house of classical music and trad jazz on the record player. No Fleetwood Mac in sight. But those of a certain age will know, that every Sunday they used this as the theme song for F1 motor racing. This tune is chemically etched into my brain from childhood.
For those just starting out, I’m a little over a year learning Bass including completing the B2B course. Cheers Amigos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuf75XpK2VQ
HX Stomp geeky stuff:
Compressor: Line 6® Original Deluxe Compressor.
Amp: Ampeg SVT-4 PRO
Cab: 1x12" Sunn Coliseum
Modulation: Retro Reel Line 6 Original

The kayaking stuff is just some old GoPro footage I shot when some old friends went to Mexico a few winter’s ago.

17 Likes

@Barney, fantastic job again and terrific video as well!
Great tone too!
I noticed a bit of a timing blip on that riff with no backing music, but once the music kicked in you nailed it, over and over and over again, so you know you know it!

If you wouldn’t mind posting this in the 50 Song Challenge #37 as well, as you just knocked one more off your list!

Really great job.

5 Likes

Love that ampeg sound! Great job!

6 Likes

Nice job @Barney , cool video, one of my favourite Mac songs👍
As mentioned couple little things in the solo bit but nice all the same,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

You are doing great, @barney. Haven’t heard this song for a while. Nice playing and a terrific video.

5 Likes

Great video @Barney
You definitely nailed that one and for someone only a year in you certainly can play

6 Likes

Awesome job as always @Barney !!! Loved the tone on that P-Bass for that song, and great job timing the solo and lead back in.

The kayaking videos were a great bonus! Would be interested to know where in MX that was? Also, I am thinking of buying a sit on top fishing kayak, might have to PM you eventually for suggestions / buying tips.

5 Likes

Great job @Barney ! On of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs and the tone was spot on.
:+1:

6 Likes

Thanks @John_E @Glenn @TNKA36 @thomas @Mac @JDDaniel @JerryP . This is why I like this community, but more importantly why I think recording yourself is really important. It’s a snapshot of where you are in your playing.
It’s not prefect and I can hear the issues. But it’s the best I can be at this point in my playing. It’ll be quite interesting to look at this stuff in a few years time.

7 Likes