Post your covers! (2019-2022)

I love this song. Good job! Our goals are aligned too.

PS give me some tots!

4 Likes

This is smooth @JerryP! Really enjoyed your playing,

Nice, I like this approach. Transcribe enough to get the feel and copy the most recognizable parts and then make it your own, which you did. Gotta say Iā€™m loving the overall musical diversity that shows up on this thread.

5 Likes

I have been playing bass for two years now! Havenā€™t regretted it for a minute. I bought the B2B course for myself Christmas of 2020. And this is where Iā€™m at. The sound on this one is kinda muddy. It has such a low bass tone on the track. Itā€™s not a difficult song, got it in one take.
The Weeknd - Blinding Lights
https://youtu.be/LEecI6nn1m4

10 Likes

Thank you @dlamson13 ! Yeah, so many of us have a variety of tastes in music. It makes it fun.

Great job on your first effort @kristine ! Your choice of outdoors is awesome!
:+1:

2 Likes

Very well done @Paul_9207 ! Nice to see a vinyl turntable in use.

4 Likes

@kristineā€¦.

So.

You did it!!!
And you did an amazing job!
Tone. Mix. Video. Flowers. Cool bass.
Great first cover.
And outside too! Are you at @JerryPā€™s happy hour luau? :upside_down_face:

I think I notice one technique thing, looks like you are plucking up vs across the strings, or as my old bass teacher used to tell me ā€œdonā€™t scratch it like an itchā€. Try to rake/sweep across the string and generally land on the next lower string.

Great job all around!

5 Likes

Well played @Paul_9207 !
The mix makes it hard to listen to though.
Are you recording ambiently in the room?

3 Likes

Yup, small room, lots of noise. Thereā€™s lots of lows happening in that song. I realize it doesnā€™t sound great. But, I still had fun recording it.

4 Likes

Overall sound isnā€™t as important as doing it and technique, so hats off there!

4 Likes

Well done! The Kestrel looks and sounds great. The bright steel rounds sound fine on it, and fit the song well. Your playing was spot on, very well done on the cover, especially for a first one.

Iā€™m biased but I love the way PRS instruments look.

4 Likes

Nice job Kristine @kristine ,
Very relaxed playing,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Nice cover @Paul_9207 ,
Donā€™t know the song, I really liked the bass sound you got going :+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Hi Guys,
Looks like its a busy time for posting covers,
here is one I have put together, always been a Heart fan, and this is one of my favourites, from a great live DVD.
as usual all feedback is welcomed.
Cheers Brian

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/700164135?embedded=false&source=vimeo_logo&owner=172598088

9 Likes

Yeah @John_E at the end of the day I guess any mix is only as good as the speakers it comes out of ā€¦ I try and work with headphones when ā€˜producingā€™ but I accept Iā€™m never going to get the mix 100%ā€¦

3 Likes

Great job Brian! Love that song, never heard the live version though. Very smooth playing. I rally enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Great job @TNKA36
Nice to see you back at it Brian.
Fantastic as usual.
Well done.

3 Likes

Oooo nice tone! How did you get it?

4 Likes

You been down by the Crossroads? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :wink: :joy:

Just kidding those two were AWESOME! You have picked up the right instrument. I love bass slides, and I was sittinā€™ here yelling ā€œyeah, bass slides!ā€ watching your ZZ Top cover.

5 Likes

Ding-ding-ding! You win, @Paul_9207 ! Napoleon Dynamite is the primary reason I love this song. That ND aesthetic (somewhat similar to the White Stripes aesthetic) is what I was going for with the video.

Thank you! Learn, record, post - no thinking too much allowed!

As for tots?

No, go find your own. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (donā€™t kick mine)

5 Likes