Post your covers! (2019-2022)

@JerryP super nice! I’m loving the look of the Aerodyne too. And absolutely nothing wrong with chugging along in my book - half the stuff I listen to and a 1/4 of the stuff I play is just chugging along. Punk can’t exist without Dee Dee Ramone, Mike Dirnt and Rob Felicetti chugging away under it all.

5 Likes

Love it @JerryP
Great tone again!
I don’t think the great tones are from the basses, I think it is your ear getting really good at finding the right tones in any bass.

8 Likes

Nice @JerryP!

#aerodynefanclub

5 Likes

Thank you @terb ! What do you mean by “floating” so I can understand what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks @Ed ! Yeah, the Aerodyne is growing on me as well. It’s just fun to play.

Thank you @KenKnight !

Thanks @John_E ! I record multiple tracks with different settings on the Zoom B1Four and I pick the one that I like the best.

Thanks @JDDaniel !

3 Likes

sometimes I felt the timing was not perfect, but almost really ! I was more saying that you chugged pretty nicely :slight_smile:

5 Likes

OK, thanks. I thought it might be a technique issue.

3 Likes

Great cover of a great song @Ed . Yeah there was a little time issue at first but you definitely mastered it.
Not heard that song before @KenKnight but you certainly nailed it.
Really enjoyed your cover @JerryP . Only listened on my phone but it sounded great

4 Likes

@Ed , I thought it was awesome. And the Ric sounds wonderful!

4 Likes

@JerryP , you make it look easy

4 Likes

@KenKnight , the tone sounded spot on…good job!

3 Likes

Thanks @Mac !
Thank you @EddieJones !

3 Likes

That sounded great @JerryP! Maybe you should start a super group of your own. I never realized Tom Petty played bass in the Wilburys, now I know thanks to your clip, very :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks @dlamson13 !

3 Likes

Wow, you nailed that @JerryP. Sounded great, Charlie T. Jr. (Tom Petty) would be proud.

4 Likes

Thank you @AnotherJosh !

3 Likes

This song was written and performed for the 1977 movie ‘Smokey and the Bandit’ by Jerry Reed. He also acted in the movie. I do like a good country walk up / walk down :slight_smile:
Hang on to your hats amigos. Man, I love playing bass!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp0NWONeK_Y

HX Stomp:
Pre Amp - Mic Requisite Y7 mic pre amp
Amp - Fender Bassman (normal channel)
Comp - Line 6 Original Deluxe Compressor
Fender MIM P Bass
GHS Precision Flats
DAI - Focusrite Scarlett Solo

17 Likes

Awesome job @Barney
Man, I love those movies. So 80’s inappropriate :joy:

8 Likes

Great job @Barney ! Love that song.
:metal: :+1:

6 Likes

Hey @Barney I loved this film and I used to think Americans always drove around in trucks and Trans Ams. Bass sounds good and you’re right on the beat. This gets a big 10-4 from me!

6 Likes

I know every generation loves the things they grew up on and with, but man, there is just something special about growing up in the Smokey & the Bandit / Bad New Bears / Star Wars era and you captured that magic in this tune for sure.

Fantastic playing and tone here @Barney
Your playing is just spectacular and the joy you have playing shows in it.

10 Likes