Post your covers! (2019-2022)

really nice song @Barney, I enjoyed it a lot :slight_smile:

6 Likes

ā€œAre you ready Roy?ā€
ā€œI was born ready.ā€

Great song, great cover!

7 Likes

Canā€™t get enough of this one @Barney! Didnā€™t see it coming for sureā€¦ Perfect!

It definitely shows, and totally agree, it seems like every genre is fun to play on the bass. I never felt this was the case with guitar.

5 Likes

Same goes for sax man.
I love it, but it sure aint as fun as bass, 100% that!

When I did Skynyardā€™s Call Me The Breeze I could not belive how damn fun it was to play it.

5 Likes

Nice cover Jerry, @JerryP ,
Great tone from the bass along with smooooth playing,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Great job @Barney ,
Nice fretboard workoutšŸ‘
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Thank you Brian!

3 Likes

Greetings boys & girls!
I was thinking that I hadnā€™t done a Tijuana Brass song in a long time so I chose this to have some fun with. There was no tab available so I made up my own bass line (mostly root/fifths).
Hey, you never know, burlesque might make a comeback.

Comments welcomed.

12 Likes

Great cover @JerryP and definitely not the version I know.
I hurriedly read the post and was blown away that you were doing a cover of thisā€¦ā€¦

https://youtu.be/oFJ3lxLdvs4

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Thanks @Mac !
I wasnā€™t familiar with Tygers Of Pan Tang until now. I like their version too.

2 Likes

It should (and is in NYC, a few cool places to see it).

Great job as always. Nice cool groove and you played nice and laid back as should be done.

3 Likes

Thanks @John_E . What did you think about the sax solo?

2 Likes

Ha, I was thinking @John_E would like that. Great cover @JerryP, you are getting your money out of that bass.

3 Likes

Burlesque IS sax music, itā€™s so fitting, sexy. So fitting. I really like the bari line throughout the whole song too. Burlesque clubs used to be one of the main ways Sax guys came up or learned when they were a thing.

4 Likes

Thanks @AnotherJosh !

1 Like

Iā€¦ did not even knowā€¦ Spleeter was a thing. That is super effing cool. Itā€™s definitely not perfect, but for where Iā€™m at now that will be a great addition for me.

Well done on the cover, by the way.

Very nice and classy. Sounds great too. I dig the root/fifth approach.

Theā€¦ Tygers of Pan Tang? Iā€™d never heard of them before. Pan Tang is a fictional nation from the Young Kingdoms, the setting of Michael Moorcockā€™s Elric of Melnibone saga. I dig references like that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome band from the NWOBHM vein. I listened to them for years when I lived in SoCal in the 80ā€™s. These guys, Budgie, Mercyful Fate, Venom, Lizzie Borden and several others. Great stuff!

3 Likes

Thanks @JustTim !

2 Likes

Been a very long time since I did a cover. Here is my rendition of The Sweet: Ballroom Blitz. Sorry/not sorry for the cheesy dancing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdzgsTd_Apw

12 Likes

Good song to cover. Sounds great!

4 Likes