Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Well done @Old_WannaBe
One of my most favorite tunes!
The few tuning issues were greatly outweighed by the exceptional dancing!!

Tough song, stamina needed for sure.
Nice!

5 Likes

Another nice relaxed cover Jerry @JerryP ,
Cool bass line that fitted nicely into the song👍
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Pretty cool Mac @Mac ,
Good to see a nice Ricky getting a workout :+1::+1:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Great rocking out @Old_WannaBe ,
The sound quality wasn’t that great, but you we’re definitely in the zone​:joy::rofl::joy:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

The sound quality wasn’t that great

bass volume too low?

4 Likes

My settings in Reaper:

3 Likes

Yes👍 @Old_WannaBe ,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Great cover @Old_WannaBe .
Strangely it sounds really good on my phone?!

4 Likes

Sounded fine on my Sonos surround sound too.

4 Likes

Great work on the song and it sounds fine on my headphones! I haven’t heard that song in a while.
:+1:

4 Likes

Two covers in one weekend! I’m on a roll. This one was hard for me due to the fact that I suck using a pick [the screw in my wrist doesn’t help] and the the cut-time changes. One dropped note. Due to complaints on the last one, I bumped up the bass volume on this.

The Clash: Should I Stay or Should I Go?

https://youtu.be/-14rL4pfT_I

10 Likes

Great job @JerryP! In the early 90s, a good friend of mine and I were both learning guitar and discovering 70’s bands like Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Sabbath, etc. for the first time. We spent a summer driving around local flea-markets and yard sales buying up old vinyl. This was before vinyl got cool and $$$ again. People would sell you boxes of records for a dollar or two that they just wanted to get rid of it. It seemed like everyone had a copy of this record, and man did we love the album cover :laughing: We were a little disappointed when we listened to it though. I’m more open minded now, sounded great :+1:

3 Likes

Nice pick workout @Old_WannaBe ,
Bass sounds awesome on this one​:smiley::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Great performance @Old_WannaBe! Playing bass is too fun to stand still in my opinion. That’s a serious right hand workout, nicely done

5 Likes

Nice!

4 Likes

Yeah… wouldn’t have been able to do those 16th notes another verse

4 Likes

Thanks @dlamson13 !
Yeah, back in the '60s, I was kinda the oddball because I was buying TJB records along with the main stream music the other kids were buying. IDK, I just enjoyed the arrangements especially the later years when they went to a more jazzy style.

4 Likes

Great job @Old_WannaBe !
:+1:

4 Likes

I’m not digging the tone or mix on this one. Bass way too high. Maybe tone would work lower in the mix.

You’re playing is fantastic though man!
Nice picking - at first I thought you were down plucking with your thumb and thought - what the heck??? Lol. You look so darn natural.

Well done and you look so relaxed @Old_WannaBe !!

Aces!!

5 Likes

@ John_E

Can’t please everyone on the bass level in the mix! ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Glad I “look” relaxed. Far from it! I didn’t realize I was mouthing my counting on that one. Its so easy to speed up on the cut-time sections when the drum starts doing the offbeats–very tough to stay in the pocket even though the bass is all quarter and 8th notes.

I still have a death grip on the pick. Back in my failed guitar days, I was never shown how to hold it properly and was a “pick pincher” --pads of thumb and index. So holding it how Josh demonstrates is a whole new weird feeling. I almost feel like I am punching the strings.

5 Likes