Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Good point I forget about this.
Certainly is an issue

3 Likes

@Barney , @John_E , @howard , @dlamson13 ,
Thanks for the kind words and mixing advice. Itā€™s greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Another great cover @JerryP
The bass sounded sweet to me once I listened to it through my headphones .
Your prolific covers are certainly putting me to shame

1 Like

Thanks @Mac !

1 Like

Inspired by @JerryPā€™s prolific output, I learned this last night and recorded it this morning.

This was one of the songs playing in my workshop when I was refinishing the Bass in the video (Ibanez TMB30). It was my first time refinishing a Bass and spraying nitrocellulose. I created a playlist to remind me to relax, donā€™t rush and enjoy the process. This was one of those songs. The still pictures in the video are from the build.

As a reference point for those starting out on the B2B course this is a bit over 1 1/2 years since picking up a Bass for the first time. Practice kids, lots of enjoyable practice is where itā€™s at. Cheers Amigos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECjKjxyS6fM

HX Stomp
Pre Amp - Mic Requisite Y7 mic pre amp
Amp - Gallien-Krueger GK 800RB
Cab - 4x10" Ampeg SVT 410HLF
Comp - Line 6 Original Deluxe Compressor
Ibanez Talman TMB30 - Short scale
GHS Precision Flats
DAI - Focusrite Scarlett Solo

15 Likes

Great cover @Barney ! Love that song and the new bass sounds great! Very nicely done!
:+1:

4 Likes

Well done all around. Nice tribute to the build too. The finish came out great great great. Shiny!

Sounds good. Never heard of the tune.

5 Likes

The bass came out great @Barney and it was really neat to see the build pics. The color pops especially with the black hardware. Enjoyed the cover too, great playing, like the punchy tone on the chugging parts!

4 Likes

I didnā€™t know it until a few years ago. Heard it at work sometime and used Shazzam to find out who it was. Fun one to learn (itā€™s pretty straight ahead).

The original video is pure 90s awesome. Dodgy facial hair and mullets as far as the eye can see. Fabulous.

4 Likes

Cool cover and video @Barney .
That bass sounds as sweet as

3 Likes

Great creative work @Barney. Video was entertaining, playing was spot on, and junior bass turned out fantastic. Did you ever get your chainsaw running? Nothing kills a Stihl.

2 Likes

German Engineering @AnotherJosh it always runs. They know what theyā€™ve doing, unlike me.

3 Likes

Hi, everyone! Iā€™m new here and also new to bass playing (Iā€™ve played guitar for a couple of months, but found out itā€™s not my thing)ā€¦

Hereā€™s my cover for the song Red Right Hand by Nick Cave:

I hope you enjoy it!

12 Likes

Nice cover @robbporto ! Iā€™m not sure what the original sounded like but the mix was spot on :+1:

And recording the cover in a strip bar really added to the atmosphere :wink:

3 Likes

itā€™s a very good cover. nicely played, recorded and mixed. congrats ! maybe next time you could record the full song :grin:

5 Likes

Nice job on the cover and welcome to the forum @robbp !

4 Likes

Nice work. I enjoyed the Suspiria / Dario Argento influence.

4 Likes

Thank you, everyone! @Barney @JerryP @terb @Ed

Iā€™m not sure what the original sounded like but the mix was spot on
Thatā€™s the theme for the famous TV show Peaky Blinders, hereā€™s the original version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBVFdSFV2lQ

And recording the cover in a strip bar really added to the atmosphere

Yes! That was the vibe that I was trying to pass! :laughing:

maybe next time you could record the full song
The whole song is pretty much repeating these parts, but yes: maybe I will!

I enjoyed the Suspiria / Dario Argento influence.

Right?! Like the other dude said: It gives some strip bar vibes which I think it suits the song :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You got me at Peaky Blinders @robbp !
Great series

Great cover too. The playing was spot on and sounded just right

2 Likes

Thank you, @Mac!

2 Likes