Post your covers! (2019-2022)

:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Nicely done @JerryP!

4 Likes

Thank you !

3 Likes

I was just listening to this record on Monday. It reminds me of my dad. You did a great job, thanks for sharing with us.

4 Likes

Great job @JerryP as always. I love surf rock!

Oh oh - when things get serious, the Ibanez comes out :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Perfecto @JerryP !!!

4 Likes

Dammit, I hate you! Just kidding. You just are so far ahead of me on the playing ability scale of awesomeness. I am truly jealous. All of your covers are great.

4 Likes

I’d say you “doubly blessed us”, really enjoyed it. That’s a cool sounding bass solo in Walk Don’t Run.

5 Likes

Sounding absolutely great @JerryP

4 Likes

@JerryP, you need to quit posting these covers for free, they are worth money!

5 Likes

@terb , @RuknRole , @Paul_9207 , @Ed , @John_E , @EddieJones , @dlamson13 , @Mac , @AnotherJosh Thank you all for the lovely compliments. I try to improve my playing as much as I can and my biggest thanks goes out to @JoshFossgreen for the B2B course and ALL of you here on the forum for your help and motivation to try to do better each time. Thanks to everyone!

10 Likes

Nailed it @JerryP . Great job, as always. Enjoyed listening to it.

4 Likes

I proudly present Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf!

For a change, I recorded the bass part against only the drums and vocals, and added guitars etc later - I think this helped me keep the time.better.

I’m lending my zoom out to a friend so the setup was pretty basic - just the bass straight to the interface. However I turned the tone more or less right down (sacrilege on a T-bird I know) and biased the bass pickup quite heavily…

https://youtu.be/81oq4njLG-Q

18 Likes

Awesome job, and that looks actually really difficult. Tone worked out fine.

5 Likes

Awesome job @Ed
It’s definitely not an easy bass line to master and you certainly nailed it.
The sunnys and headband were a nice touch :joy:

3 Likes

excellent cover @Ed !

4 Likes

Thanks @howard @terb :slight_smile: Tbh once you get into the groove, it’s not too bad; however, it did take some experimentation to find a riff that fitted the verse section and didn’t suck when I added in the guitar etc! Also there is a real temptation to overplay the bass part - it takes a fair effort to keep it simple :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @Mac :+1: I thought to myself that “to master a cover, one must first become the cover”. I lived as a hippie while I rehearsed :v: :woman_beard: - growing my hair and sticking it to the man. Totally recommended :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great tone, you made that look easy

4 Likes

3 Likes