Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thank you!

2 Likes

That was really fabulous. I think the only rational explanation for this level of competence in a few short years is that your kids must never see you :slight_smile:
I imagine them living some kind of Dickensian / Oliver Twist existence !

6 Likes

I thought the same thing watching him

3 Likes

They can see meā€¦ My office door has windows. :grin:

5 Likes

Stellar!!!

2 Likes

That was awesome! I didnā€™t spot any errors and you absolutely nailed with the pick.

3 Likes

@Paul_9207 You inspired me to use a pick today. Iā€™ve been practicing Def Leppardā€™s Hysteria and figured itā€™s good to try with a pick. It was much harder than I thought!

3 Likes

Great job @Paul_9207 ! Excellent execution!
:+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @robbp !

thanks @JerryP

Thanks @StartedAt48 The pick is definitely a useful tool to have in your bag, IMO

4 Likes

Aww man, I love that song. I love the whole album, actually. Well done!

Iā€™ve been thinking ā€œItā€™s Okayā€ would be a fun cover :slight_smile:

If I do a ME cover it will be ā€œGathering Dustā€ though. One of my favorite songs of all time.

Thanks for covering such an underrated band!

3 Likes

Nice, this is my usual as well. My favorite bass tone. I note youā€™re using the Clone Theory model, Hooky Approved :rofl:

3 Likes

Thank you @howard !
Iā€™m only really familiar with the ā€œafter the snowā€ album. but Iā€™ll have to check out those songs and the albums.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a 4ad compilation of their earlier stuff that is a definite buy. ā€œItā€™s Okayā€ is recent, like 2010.

https://youtu.be/IFvFnnUlJ20

You usually see ā€œGathering Dustā€ paired with ā€œ16 daysā€. This Mortal Coil did a great cover of that combo too.

https://youtu.be/RGw5HZoyu-U

I just love that wall of noise after the song kicks in after the 90 second intro.

2 Likes

Itā€™s Beatles week! :beetle:

Hereā€™s my cover of Lady Madonna:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw0e_r-1XDs

It almost feels like Iā€™m playing some boogie-woogie but on bass instead of piano :joy:

Some cool things that Iā€™ve noticed about this song:

• Obviously Paul plays with a pick but I also think that heā€™s muting the strings with his right hand;
  • He also doesnā€™t let the notes ring all the way to the end (lots of staccato?).

This might not be the most faithful cover out there, but I for sure had fun!

13 Likes

Well done man! Loved it!

Not sure how you managed to get it up on YouTube. Iā€™d keep an eye on if the algorithm blocks you in days to come. Beatles stuff is safest on Vimeo.

Love this tune, hereā€™s my version I did a while back.

11 Likes

Not sure how you managed to get it up on YouTube. Iā€™d keep an eye on if the algorithm blocks you in days to come. Beatles stuff is safest on Vimeo.

I donā€™t have the intention to monetize any of my videos, so maybe thatā€™s why they allowed me to post? But thank you for the heads-up, Iā€™ll keep an eye on it.

Love this tune, hereā€™s my version I did a while back.

Awesome! I love how everyone that I watch playing plays the same notes but on different frets :laughing:

3 Likes

Way to go. Great working practice for speed and endurance

2 Likes

@robbp thatā€™s a solid cover. I enjoyed that a lot.

4 Likes

Thank you, @Barney!

3 Likes

Excellent work @robbp ! I thought about doing Lady Madonna, but never got around to it. you are progressing well with each cover.
:+1:

3 Likes