Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Most funky @Growl ! As well as definitely being in the pocket your obvious knowledge of the fretboard and ability to comfortably get around the neck shines through

4 Likes

My first attempt at using a green screen…

This is Jerry Reeds 1970 hit “Amos Moses”, (original in the key of “A”) but I decided to use Hank Williams Jr’s 2003 version in the Key of “G” for this cover instead since I wanted to add a bit of “Swampfox” feel to it…. Gotta admit, using a green screen can be a “TON of FUN”!!

Have a GREAT weekend, and….

Keep On Thumpin’!
Lanny

12 Likes

Great cover @Growl ! Playing was great and tone spot on.
:+1:

3 Likes

That was thorough;y enjoyable Lanny! I hadn’t heard the Hank Williams Jr.'s version before. The green screen came out fine. Nice tone on the bass as well.
:+1:

4 Likes

Thanks @JerryP…. Had to get some practice in on using a green screen for my upcoming project…… Been working on it for awhile now…. Hope to have it out (maybe) before the end if the year….

4 Likes

Great cover @Lanny
Never heard of the song before but I really enjoyed it and the green screen worked a treat

4 Likes

Hey @Lanny that was fun, didn’t know the song. Technique question. Your thumb never moves from the pickup. So do you mute the E string with your thumb on your fretting hand?

My guess is you played a lot of guitar before you moved to bass :wink:

5 Likes

Guilty :slight_smile: Hey fabulous, another song that’s on my job site playlist. Looks like a fun song to play.

4 Likes

Seems you jobsite is nice place to be, at least for your ears.

2 Likes

That fade in gave me some Twilight Zone vibes, spooky.

4 Likes

Great groove @Growl !

2 Likes

Thanks @Mac…. Takes a bit of time to set up and steam out - not to mention the amount of space required, but it is fun to work with…

2 Likes

Thanks @Barney…. Yea, I use my fretting thumb to mute the E string - something I always did playing guitar for so many years… I know it’s not what we were taught in the B2B course, but being an “Old Dog”,….

4 Likes

Nice tone, @Growl, but sadly there is an obvious tuning issue :confused:

3 Likes

Great song @Lanny and great cover ! The P is a great choice for this kind of song, for sure. Speaking about tone, it’s perfect.

Also your use of the green screen went pretty well, I find those images overlays quite impressive.

yeah that’s the rock’n’roll guitar way to mute the E string :slight_smile: (obviously I always do this, too) not sure it’s very academic, even for a guitar player (if you look the hand position of a classical guitarist, it can’t be done), but most do this. It’s very natural and very efficient.

5 Likes

Great job here @Lanny, sounded perfect.
I am messing with green screen now too and man o man it takes up a lot of space!
My biggest problem is my ceilings in the basement are too short so will be setting up in the attic once the au pair moves out in January. Had to do my part for @PamPurrs’ last cover in the garage, too cold out there now and way too inconvienent.
It is quite fun though

6 Likes

No chance of me doing that with my T Rex arms! I’ll just have do what Josh taught me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @terb… Set that one up with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder pickups to use for songs like this one…

4 Likes

Know exactly want you’re saying @John_E!! When I set it up, it takes up most of my play room… I thought about using my workshop, but then I’d have to bring all of my recording equipment out there and set it up since I record both audio and video simultaneously. I know all about those cold garages in the winter time though - not fun… :cold_face: :cold_face: :ice_cube:

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :joy: :joy: Reminds me of our dog Griffin… A Shitzu/Bichon mix… Has really short front legs and really long hind legs. When he tries to jump up on the couch, sometimes he misses and just smacks into the bottom of the couch because he just can’t get enough “lift off” with those short front legs,… but has plenty of “push power” with his long hind legs…

2 Likes