Post your covers! (2019-2022)

It’s a great LP back to back. He’s a real oddball, but he is an awesome bassist. I haven’t worked out whether he’s serious or the whole shtick is one big fantastic joke. I suspect the latter.

2 Likes

Happy New Year BassBuzzers!
For the last cover of the year, I felt like doing a country song. I couldn’t find a tab for this, so I transcribed it myself using a chord sheet. I hope you enjoy it.
Have a safe and prosperous New Year!

14 Likes

Went with an easy song this time. Sometimes easy is hard.

The Specials: A message to you, Rudy.

9 Likes

@dlamson13 - That was excellent, great timing and tone. Love some classic REM!

@JerryP - Superb, that was fun. Also, really tight with lovely tone that fits right in with the song.

@Old_WannaBe - The Specials are the sound of my childhood. Nothing wrong with a simple bassline, sometimes they are the best. Also, nice playing and good tone!

4 Likes

Great job, I love the counter melody throughout the song. I gotta give the hanging Bass position another try. It looks pretty comfortable, lol.

2 Likes

Nice!!! Nailed it as usual @JerryP. You know I just realized you are tall my man, probably as tall as @John_E. If/when I play the blue lick like that my index and pinky would stretch like I’m trying to grip a basketball in one hand. You barely micro shift your ring finger, lol.

2 Likes

He is actually way way taller than me!!!
And I’m 6’1”.

3 Likes

This is not an easy song my anymean. Good job @Old_WannaBe. Your timing is pretty much spot on. If you need to work on anything is the dynamic. Next time close your eyes and pretends that you just finish a joint and let it flow, lol.

3 Likes

Ah! He’s Jerome Reacher, lol.

1 Like

My kind of advice! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Great job @Old_WannaBe ! Nice groove and tone. Awesome!
:+1:

1 Like

Thank you @stevesilver925 !

2 Likes

Thank you @Al!

1 Like

Not much taller; I’m only 6’2".

1 Like

I must have been feeling short that day, lol.

3 Likes

Ok next cover. This was done right before today’s mod of the Fender American Professional II. The next cover would have this one with different pickups, so stay tune lol.

The song is To Make You Feel My love, Scary Pocket version.

https://youtu.be/EZ31hWh1P2o

10 Likes

A classic, the song everyone knows them by :slight_smile:

Nice work! P-bass is perfect for it.

1 Like

Wow! “Only” 3" taller tham I am :rofl:

1 Like

Nice work! Is that a Classic Vibe '70s? Nice bass, basically the best Squier IMO. Sounded great there.

Sounded great as always, spot on with the timing and mixed well.

1 Like

You played that perfectly, sounded in te pocket to me.

It sounded like you were slightly overdriving something though, maybe your audio interface? Some clipping distortion on the bass tone.

1 Like