Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Intro is a bass solo of decent length

Well. People will probably get mad at me for this but I have a darkglass alpha omega ultra and it’s in the fx loop and then a sans amp preamp in the front of the amp and then the output from the amp goes to the interface and the output from the darkglass goes to the interface then the malekko bassmaster octave fuzz and a darkglass hyperluminal and I dont know if I’m supposed to do it that way I’m just experimenting with hooking all of this stuff together and stuff so maybe it’s not good

7 Likes

If it works, it’s good :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I seem to remember from some other thread that @PamPurrs and @terb have their birthdays around this time of the year… Maybe there are others as well!?!

Anyway, here is a little “flash cover” I threw together using some (weird) jazz reharmonisation and the rhythm group you get with iReal Pro (Mac) and played the melody on top. It doesn’t really swing very hard…, but, hey, Happy Birthday!! :joy:

10 Likes

Thanks @joergkutter my birthday is June 30.

Odd that you posted this, I’ve been working up and practicing a nice rendition of Happy Birthday for a solo I have to do at a birthday party for my Sara on August 15. I’m playing it in Key of F. What key is yours in?

6 Likes

Uh, yeah, I had been wanting to do something like that for a while and was playing around with getting the chords into iReal Pro (not doing a too good job yet) and remembered that you guys had talked about your birthdays… I am testing stuff for my wife’s birthday in October; she’ll turn 50 :smile:

I think this one is in D.

5 Likes

I started out in G, but everyone at TalkingBass Study group tells me most bands play it in F. I switched to F just in case the band wants to jump in after I do my solo. (Yes, I am playing it with the band at her party).

6 Likes

Woah.
That’s a cool version @joergkutter!
I hummed and sang along in my head. It worked until after “dear [name]”. Then it went “Haypdsklal”.

@PamPurrs
A nice idea for your birthday. I hope it turns out well and that the band joins in and everyone starts singing what they are doing… wait… no… Not a musical.
I hope it turns out well.

My whole family has their birthdays in august so maybe I’ll manage to record and/or play something until then.

5 Likes

Cool! That is going to be fun and yes, you might want to let the band join is :smile:

The one I uploaded ends in D anyway… The first two notes (N.C.) are As.
The sheet music where I found the jazz reharmonisation shows two sharps -so, D!

6 Likes

I’ve got a bunch of friends lined up to sign (ASL, not sing) Happy Birthday to her while I’m playing. I also have a professional videographer lined up to film it. If it turns out good, it will probably make it’s way to my YouTube channel.

6 Likes

thank you @joergkutter ! my birthday is sunday, so I’m in my last week in the 30s … :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Getting slightly off-topic here perhaps: can your spouse “feel” your bass when you’re playing (i.e., the vibrations)??

6 Likes

Yes, she can. Also, she’ll likely be wearing her cochlear implants for the event, although unfortunately the implants don’t do much for in the way of distinguishing tones. However, she can definitely “feel” me playing, especially when I play in low rumbling tones.

6 Likes

Hence the B strings :smile:

6 Likes

just enjoying the social distancing because I think I have to go back to work soon cause my car broke down the other day :unamused:

11 Likes

oh I think there has been a problem with the record somewhere :sweat_smile: still an excellent playing from what I see ! :star_struck:

6 Likes

Hi there @creepymcpeepers,
That’s some really intense playing there young man.
Not my style of music?
You did a great job.
Nice work.:+1:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Is it weird that how this sounds kinda turns me on…? Does it suppose to do that?

4 Likes

Heh. I also had the association with the marilyn bit.
It didn’t turn me on though :wink: Maybe that’s just you.

2 Likes

Be more worrying if this did

4 Likes