Post your covers! (2019-2022)

I’ve got ONE dog… :dog:
I’ve got ONE wife… :woman_red_haired:
I’m down to ONE house… :house_with_garden:
I have ONE truck… :truck:

Since I have THREE bass’s… :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

I typically have at least three songs :musical_score: :musical_note: :notes: at a time that I’m working on. That way when I get bored with one, I just work on another…

Based on my analogy, and given your case extreme case of MULTIPLE BASS DISORDER (MBD) @T_dub, you should be working on at least an ALBUM’S :cd: :cd: :cd: worth cover songs… :rofl: :rofl:

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

6 Likes

Hahaha, yeah, probably right.
I do however, spend a lot of time on rythem excercises, technique excercises and fretboard memorization, scales, modes and general music theory.
I have recognized the need for practice thru excercises and more practice thru learning and playing songs.
There are some I play often, over and over which has become more excercises for timing and technique,
But yeah, I want to start working on actual songs, so future projects to come. Just don’t know what as of yet.

3 Likes

Nailed it! Respect.

2 Likes

hehehhe

10 Likes

This isn’t a cover but the reason I want to learn the bass is to play my own material, I’ve only been playing since March but here are a couple of recordings I’ve done.

5 Likes
6 Likes

That’s cool!
I am interested in all your stuff. I gotta go to sleep though so I’m watching it tomorrow.
FYI: There is also a thread to Post your original songs/compositions!

2 Likes

thank you…maybe that would have been a better place for these…I have to play the ultimate new guy card in my defense

6 Likes

No worries, just keep posting, these are great :slight_smile:

4 Likes

that’s great @creepymcpeepers , your panda mask is a bit … creepy … works well for a Slipknot cover for sure ! also nice playing ! about your tone, could you say what’s in your signal chain ?

4 Likes

Good method to keep your face hidden and as @terb said a bit creepy. For Slipknot it works though. Nice cover and I’m also interested in the way you create the tone.

5 Likes

Reminds me of that “Masked Singer” show my wife watches occasionally.

4 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Wearing Face Masks (or not) for Covid-19

Folks, I understand and share your concerns about wearing face masks, but we are drifting way off topic here . . .

I will start a thread in The Lounge about this.

Please add your comments there.

Cheers, Joe

7 Likes

I was just gonna apologize for the turn from topic and suggest talking about it elsewhere.

2 Likes

now you will have to record a cover to be forgiven :grin:

7 Likes

Ok, does Mary has a little lamb count?

I am working on one at the moment, but it’s a big project and long song. Maybe I will just do the intro, but gotta wait for my hand pain to settle down, I over did it on that song, about 4-5 hours a day for a few nights in a row, ended up with dead thumb

1 Like

I think it’s better to wait a bit longer and record/share the whole song :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do vocal covers count?

I’m working on one :slight_smile: Binge-trained it yesterday and got a 1000 points more in ultrastar for hitting more of the correct notes :smiley:

no, we will try to keep this thread centered on the bass :slight_smile:

3 Likes