Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thanks @Lanny.
Appreciate the feedback.
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Thanks @Mark_UK,
Appreciate the feedback, was it easy to access the video to be able to view?
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Great cover! As someone said - nice relaxed style!!
Jack
Btw - Iā€™m just making my way thru the thread. Behind a bit. Just saw the latest cover and that is great as well! Moment above was for the first one. Still catching up hereā€¦

4 Likes

Thanks for the positive feedback @Jack667.
Really appreciate it.
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Fabulous cover and fun to listen to!

I found out that Windows no longer ships with Windows Media Player enabled to play .mov files. A quick download of VLC player fixed that. No problem using your download link.

3 Likes

I just copied the link into a browser (clicking on it didnā€™t work), and that downloaded the .mov file which then played fine.

3 Likes

Nice cover there @TNKA36 :+1:
I used Lannys video link and that played just fine

2 Likes

Thanks Mac ,glad you enjoyed it, itā€™s a great song.
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Hi @DaveT,
Thanks for the feedback, Iā€™m glad you enjoyed watching/listening to my cover.
Itā€™s a great song to play.
Cheers Brian

1 Like

nice cover @TNKA36 ! I really like the tone of this P :grin:

about the video, if you want everyone (including non-Mac users) to be able to see the video without having to download it, itā€™s actually pretty easy : instead of the .mov format you just have to export your video in .mp4 !

4 Likes

Great cover Brian!

3 Likes

love that toneā€¦well done!!!

3 Likes

Thanks @terb for the positive feedback, and I will look into the upload process.:+1:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Thanks @JerryP for the positive feedback.
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Thanks @Tokyo_Rat for the positive feedback.
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

@terb - Not quite there yet since @TNKA36 has just recently started using GB and iMovie to create his covers. Kinda taking small steps right now with the process - Brian is somewhat unfamiliar with the logic behind the mac OS, but is learningā€¦ Through this process however, we have both been working together in the development of simple user friendly ā€œStep-By-Stepā€ instructional documents that will help assist future GB and iMovie users who (like Brian) may be unfamiliar with using macā€™s and apple appsā€¦

Keep on Thumpinā€™!
Lanny

6 Likes

The development of such a document would be welcomed by a technophobe like me @Lanny. Iā€™ve read and reread the topic regarding recording yourself playing and just cannot grasp the basics to be bluntly honest. I just glaze at the first mention of a DAI ( and this is from someone who can build a chopper wiring loom from scratch)
Good on you both for tackling this :+1:

4 Likes

thatā€™s great @Lanny ! about the file format thatā€™s not very important, I was just trying to help

5 Likes

I know @terbā€¦ No problemā€¦ Iā€™m finding that there are some people on here that would probably post to your ā€œCoversā€ thread if they probably knew a bit more of how to actually do it. Some of the threads here on the forum have grown so long and large that many have ā€œmorphedā€ into the opposite of what they were originally intended to be - an example would be the thread called something like the ā€œBeginners set up to recordā€ā€¦ Hell man, reading that thread now (at least for me) would require me to get a frigginā€™ engineering degreeā€¦

Sometimes I think that many of who have been on this forum for a long time may have forgotten what it was really like to be a bit undereducated in some of what we now consider to be ā€œsimple thingsā€ and as such may appear to be a bit intimidating to some of the newer users.

Thus my idea to create an ā€œInstructionalā€ using someone like Brian to help pit it together since he will test and check my process out as someone who has never done it before. So far he has been able to identify many process and procedure items in the instructional that I may have thought were simple or commonly understood as things that were confusing to himā€¦

My biggest complaint with online ā€œHelpā€ topics is that they are written by those who donā€™t actually need any help, and were never vetted through those who really actually need the helpā€¦

Keep on Thumpinā€™!
Lanny

8 Likes

Iā€™d be happy to beta test anything you come up with.

6 Likes