Post your covers! (2019-2022)

When I get back home, I’ll experiment some more on the mixing aspect of recording.
:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I send a friend who overall has a good ear for pitch and music my recording of my build project playing billy jean and to my mind the mix was off on purpose so you can clearly hear the bass I want to demonstrate.
He went like: “Sounds nice… not sure what the bass is in there but it sounds nice.”
So I totally understand that and I actually do different mixes for different purposes:
a) I want to create a song/cover
b) I want to showcase my bass playing

and for purpose a I agree with @terb
for purpose b I think it’s just right. Maybe even then a little bit much.

But you can’t do both. You can’t have a nice mix and the bass that prominent/loud in the mix so it is clearly audible even for non musical people. Well… except if that’s how it is intended and serves the rest of the music.

5 Likes

Hi bass buzz friends,
Hope you enjoy my new bass cover.
All feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Brian

Brian’s cover of The Eagles classic : The girl from yesterday indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

12 Likes

Great cover @TNKA36. Certainly getting around the fretboard nicely with the change in key :+1:
The old bass has a nice tone too

4 Likes

Thanks Mac,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Great job Brian! Love the tone, and a great job mixing and producing the cover! Keep ‘em comin’!

Probably should have posted this under the original Original Post Your Covers Thread… Maybe @JoshFossgreen can move it there for you…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes

Thanks Bill for the positive feedback.
Can’t wait to get another one done, already got a couple of audio tracks in GB ready to add the bass lines to.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Just had a listen. Very nice work!
Would not have noticed it is a cover by you if I didn’t know!

4 Likes

Nice on Stewie, @TNKA36
Liked how calm and chilled you were, brilliant to see a forum collabarotion @Lanny
Jamie

4 Likes

@JoshFossgreen would it be possible to add this topic to the “official” cover thread ? thanks !

4 Likes

Great job Brian. Good sound on the video as well.

5 Likes

Done!

6 Likes

thanks =)

4 Likes

very nice @TNKA36 , and again a nice Precision tone !

4 Likes

Thanks @terb,
Appreciate the feedback.
I have been working on another cover all afternoon with the 76 J but I’m finding it to narrow in the neck to get it to sound as good as the P , so I think I’m gunna put it away and go back to recording with “the wreck” :joy::rofl:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

agree, a J just can’t sound as good as a P, the universe is made this way :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I think I might give the 79 P a run, but it has roundwounds on it and they just don’t glide as nice as the flatties.:+1:

4 Likes

Hi bassbuzz friends,
Please see link to my latest cover.
I am learning how to complete the whole process myself and you will see I made a little error at the close out of the video.
The song I have done is from one of my favourite bands.
Timothy b Schmit is one of my favourite bass players and his voice is awesome.
I can recall @PamPurrs mentioning it’s one of her favourites so I hope I have done it proud.
All feedback is welcome.
Enjoy.
Cheers Brian

https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Eagles-I-cant-tell-you-why-SD-480p.mov
6 Likes

Really good Brian @TNKA36, I can tell you really like the song. :+1::clap:

3 Likes

Great cover bro! Here it is in player format…
https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Eagles-I-cant-tell-you-why-SD-480p.mov

Here’s a DIRECT LINK for those who cannot open .mov files…

9 Likes