Post your covers! (2019-2022)

that’s not so crazy in fact, but it’s how it’s named here :grin: here in France all the concerts are cancelled and forbidden for obvious reasons. but some happen anyway in hidden places, that’s a clandestine concert !

imagine a disused barn, a giant campfire, a band playing a 3 hours set and a lot of local beers. also about 300 peoples of all ages from 15 to 90 years maybe, from all the villages around.

Covid disclaimer : I must precise that here the population density is very low, so there is almost no Covid. there has been 4 sick people in the last two weeks in the whole region. so it’s very unlikely to have any illness problem with a 300 people concert, even if there has been absolutly no social distancing.

11 Likes

Hi @terb,
Your lucky to be at least go to see some live music.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

@TNKA36 me to, but it has given me a great idea
Jamie

2 Likes

Cool idea… almost like a small rave! Please be safe.

We are jonesing for live music in the Gunnison Valley. One of our local, badass, bluegrass bands is playing today on a flatbed truck while driving through town. People can get some entertainment on the front porch. Shout out to Floodgate Operators!

6 Likes

Great job as usual @terb! Not my genre, but you, Greenie, and your pick made it interesting enough for me to watch through… :joy: :joy: Quite a bit different background than the "couch’ you use to play covers on though… :smile: :smile:

6 Likes

thanks @Lanny , indeed as I just moved I’m not sure about the new scenery I should use as a background :sweat_smile: blanck white for now, I probably could do something better in a close future !

6 Likes

Greetings everyone,
With your kind indulgence, I have a second audio cover I would like to post. Some of you helped me with this when I asked about the original played using a capo. There were no tabs available for this, so I made up my own bass line albeit just simple quarter notes. I got the backing track without the bass part from karaoke-version.com. This is audio only with a slide show. I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts and comments.
Here_4_good_time on Vimeo

9 Likes

Nice job @JerryP :+1:

4 Likes

Great job @JerryP! Sometimes simple is always better. The bass line worked well with the rhythm and lyrics. Sure would be nice to watch you play along though…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

5 Likes

Nice job @JerryP,
Solid bass playing.
I just had a bit of buffering, not sure if it’s from my end?
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

I experienced that at the start of the recording too @TNKA36

4 Likes

Jerry that was great your fair coming along. I listened to it as a song and heard nothing out of place. You fitted right in. @JerryP
Jamie

4 Likes

Yes!

I’ll help anytime I can especially if it results in something like this!

4 Likes

that’s nice @JerryP , the mix sounds better than the last one I think, even if the bass is still overmixed and very bassy. maybe just the sound you’re looking for ! (only constructive criticism in the hope it helps you !)

5 Likes

Thanks @Lanny for the kind words. I tried different bass lines with this but the quarternotes just seem to fit the best. As soon as I get done with this road trip and I’m back home, I’m going to work on the video part. I need to get a DAI which I will do when I get back.

5 Likes

Thanks Brian!I don’t know what to do about the buffering. I guess that’s a Vimeo issue.

5 Likes

Thanks @Mac!

4 Likes

Thanks @Jamietashi and @juli0r!

4 Likes

Thank you @terb! I guess I turn up the gain on the bass track for the non-bassists (namely family) who may have trouble “tuning in” to the bassline of the song if that makes any sense.

6 Likes

well at some point that’s an artistic choice :grin: the important point here, in my opinion, is that you did your mix on purpose and not because you don’t know what you’re doing !

6 Likes