Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Nice job there @TNKA36
I just love the tone of your old P bass :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @terb and @Mac for the positive feedback.
The bass lines on K D Lang’s songs are really cool.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Two excellently executed covers @TNKA36 Brian! I enjoyed both of them.

4 Likes

Hi Brian @b.s.excavations , as promised I got you on the big screen and through proper hi-fi speakers to listen to Someday and If I Were You.
Really good, could clearly hear the bass on both, but there was a little buzzing on If I Were You, but didn’t spoil it.
Both excellent :+1:
On the website on the video player there was an option to Chromecast the video, which sent it to my TV and hifi, so that worked really well!

4 Likes

Hi @Mark_UK and @JerryP,
Thanks for the positive feedback, I’m glad you liked the covers.
Pretty cool that you were able to watch on the big screen Mark​:+1:, I’d best do my hair and put my makeup on next time​:joy::rofl: , the thanks need to go to @Lanny as he set up the webpage and all the stuff on it​:+1:
Both songs have really different tempos, and it’s good to vary it up as it builds your playing style.
I like songs with plenty of room as it demonstrates your ability to feel your way and try and hit the notes perfectly and stay in time, plus it emphasises the bass more as well, especially in “If I were you” KD Lang has a lot of songs like that.
Both singers have really strong voices.
I am going to record a few more of both artists tracks.
If there are any songs you want to have a go at I have the sheet music available.:+1:
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

yeah it adds a little pressure over all that cover thing :sweat_smile: :joy:

sure Brian, I agree

sure Brian, I agree :grin:

6 Likes

Thanks @terb,
What time is it where you are?

3 Likes

10 PM !

3 Likes

Saturday night, it’s 6.00am Sunday here👍

2 Likes

Hi Bass Buzz friends,

Please find link below for my new cover.
The song was written by Cyndi Boste and comes of her Home Truths Album released in 1998.
I tried a few different basses before deciding that “The Wreck” had the best tone for the song.
I was introduced to Cyndi"s music by chance, my bass teacher played the bass on her Foothill Dandy Album.
I now have all her recordings and enjoy her songwriting and music.
Sadly Cyndi passed away in April 2018, and i feel privileged to be able to keep her music alive by doing covers of her songs.
The bass line drives the track throughout, enjoy listening as much as i enjoy playing it.
As usual all feedback appreciated.
I am going to upload one of her great songs on share some good music Friday’s, so be sure to have a listen.

Kind Regards
Brian

https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2020/07/21/find-my-way-home/

7 Likes

nicer and nicer @TNKA36 as your timing seems to be a little better on this track than on your previous covers. still maybe a bit early on some notes but you’re definitly improving your playing :v::grin:

also very nice tone as usual : you have found some pretty good settings !

4 Likes

Thanks @terb,
Yes the syncing is getting better the more I’m doing.
My Video’s will be getting up to you’re quality very soon😎
The tone on the bass is pretty awesome, it just works a lot nicer than any of my others, and it doesn’t matter which track I’ve used other basses on, the old dinosaur tops them all.
Glad you enjoyed it, Cyndi was a great artist before her passing.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

yeah the Fender CBS era pickups (assuming that the Wreck has its stock pickup) are not so popular regarding to the previous 50’s/60’s pickup but I always loved how the CBS pickups adds some agressive mid-punch while keeping that “vintage” vibe. the same is true on guitars (Hendrix played on CBS Stratocaster and nobody seems to worry much :joy: ) but in my opinion this punch fits perfectly the Pecision Bass.

6 Likes

Yeah the tone on that thing is fantastic.

4 Likes

Hi @terb @howard,
That is why I haven’t replaced the broken volume knob on it, I want it to remain in its original condition as it was shipped from the factory​:+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Another great cover @TNKA36 Brian! I do have to agree with @terb in that your timing has improved quite a bit with each cover you are recording. It’s exciting to see and hear a person actually improve over time, and I for one have to attribute that improvement towards your consistent effort and enjoyment in creating and sharing music covers of different genres… And, GREAT TONE!!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

6 Likes

Really nice cover Brian! Great performance and choice of song.

3 Likes

Great cover Stewie, I really like the sound that you are getting. @TNKA36
Jamie

4 Likes

Thanks @Lanny @JerryP @Jamietashi ,
For your positive feedback on my latest cover.
I love a lot of Cyndi’s songs and I’m happy I am able to share her music with all on B2b, who otherwise would never had the opportunity to hear her songwriting, vocals and cool bass lines.
The feedback is important for self improvement through the process, it is a confidence builder, and I hope my improvements encourage others to put some covers together and share on the forum.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

You’re really nailing stuff @TNKA36
You should be very happy with your progress mate :+1:
And I am very jealous of your old P bass :flushed:

4 Likes