@JerryP.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Really tight cover @TNKA36. :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks Mac.:+1:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

your bass playing is getting better and better @TNKA36 ! your groove is pretty tight on this track, congratulations !

4 Likes

Mac can read both NTFS and Mac native formats. Sometimes there is a proprietary app you need to run to get the drive to mount on a Mac first. My WD passport drive has that, but it’s formatted with NTFS, so I can use it on my MacBook or windows laptops.

5 Likes

Thanks @terb,
Appreciate your feedback.:+1:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Hi Bass Buzzers,
Please find link below to another cover I recently completed.
Its a great ballad from Concrete Blonde, with a really nice bass line that goes really nicely with Johnette’s great vocals.

https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2020/08/09/sun/

cheers Brian

7 Likes

Thought that this cover by our own @JoshFossgreen was most excellent.
Although this is his cover Josh is always the Teacher and at the end gives advice on getting it right.
I smiled through the whole track, fair cheered up my morning

7 Likes

back to my country journey :cowboy_hat_face: more folk maybe

The Builders and The Butchers - Black Dresses

This song is from their first album. There is no bass track on the studio version, but when they play live they have a bass player (who probably joined the band after the recording, I guess). I don’t like the bass line on the live versions, it sounds too much pop/rock in my opinion. By the way, that’s something I find pretty common on modern dark country / dark folk stuff : the bass lines often sounds more “rock” than “country”, not that I don’t like rock but I think it does not serves the songs very well in this context.

So, I decided to go with my own bass line again. Working on my country groove, way out of my comfort zone and that’s what’s interesting !

honnest criticism required please :v::grin:

8 Likes

Hm, “…not available in your country” (i.e., Denmark).

Denmark (or rather the Danish company looking after musicians’ copyrights and claims) is in some dispute with YouTube, but I had no idea this extends to covers from French (amateur) bass players :crazy_face: :rofl:

I guess that is globalization for you…

4 Likes

WTF ?!

:triumph:

will upload on my site :grin:

3 Likes

so, here it is :

6 Likes

Thanks, Laurent! I guess it is really just me (and perhaps @RolandDehli) who have issues with some YouTube contents these days…

About the cover: I wouldn’t be able to tell that this is outside of your “comfort zone”. In fact, it sounds like you have been playing with them good ole boys for many years :smile: You nailed it, even the slight tempo changes that they do here and there! And a solid P sound as always - I like that it’s not only “thud-thud”, but has some sustain, even though you have that foam there underneath your bridge.

Anyway, good stuff - I think you need to challenge yourself a bit more next time, if you really want to get out of your comfort zone :grin:

6 Likes

thank you very much @joergkutter :grin: when I was saying I’m not in my comfort zone I was talking about the composition style more than about the technique :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Hi @terb, when I switched on my TV just now, your video was in the YouTube suggestions just to to the right of Rick Beato, and directly above “Best Rock & Metal Bassists”.
That’s pure rock and roll fame you have, man :+1:t2:

9 Likes

Well I’ve been learning bass for almost a month now, so to celebrate that (and to distract myself from the disaster of module 13) here’s my first cover attempt: Highway to Hell.

Obviously everything needs to be improved, but if you have any specific feedback or suggestion then please let me know. :slight_smile:

https://hexxfw.db.files.1drv.com/y4m6Fw2iNXmP4SZTj5QRaXoWD39PRMhai7AA9BYEiMfNgYxtIzK9JSC9cie591h1x0MeT1o7_IWK3LG8TYQxZl6OcJc3Eg8PCv_9Ab4G41Sn5P-8prkktX5_gYmo8ZBzmEGVNlVMV4HanvSneGWGZSe1LjQXZD97cx6iezo5n_6rqcVPTqsLwzJky64pJv0KfKxXuflPu_FWTMrgfGV2SOT-w/Highway%20to%20Hell.mp4?psid=1?&videoformat=hls&part=index

In case that link doesn’t work here’s a different one:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14KStv2J9-MW_bN9QgOzvfAmE9WWkgNgl/view?usp=sharing

8 Likes

Hey @terb,
Very nice cover, you fitted in very nicely with the band, and you even wore your country style Hat, just needed to add the straw hanging out of your mouth to make it authentic :rofl: :joy:
Nice tone and relaxed playing👍
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Good job @akos. I noticed that you keep time using the leg on which you rest your bass. I watched it go up and down as you played.
Good cover!

5 Likes

Another great cover Brian!

5 Likes

@terb that was great . Looks and sounds pro
Jamie

4 Likes