Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Hi @lee_editorial,
I think your referring to Jerry’s cover🤔 on this occasion?
I do have a lot of covers on the forum, so not sure if you are referring to one of mine? Or you watched @JerryP cover?
And I agree Jerry looked relaxed👍
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

That’s an awesome cover @JerryP. Very chilled

4 Likes

Many thanks @Jamietashi! It was fun to do!

3 Likes

Thank you Brian! I borrowed some things from your title cards because I couldn’t think of my own. I hope you don’t mind.

3 Likes

Thanks @Mac! I couldn’t have been that relaxed as my hands were sweaty by the time I was done.

4 Likes

Well you certainly had it well :+1:

3 Likes

All good @JerryP,
Adding the transitions at the beginning and end is something you can expand on as you get more familiar with iMovie.
Dragging and dropping album covers etc into your movie adds an extra layer and again the more you do the easier it gets👍
I had heaps of help from @Lanny when I started on the covers journey, it just go to show we are never to old to learn new stuff, I’m loving it :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

@TNKA36

No, i think it was you- but from retracing the thread your cover was from a month ago…july 2nd I think? Looks like you’ve uploaded several more since then- but I have not had a chance e to work my way through to catch up yet!

But I agree, Jerry did look relaxed on his more recent effort as well!

6 Likes

Hi @lee_editorial,
No problems, I have posted a few since July, thanks for the positive feedback :+1:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Great job Jerry, just like others said, great relaxed playing style, awesome tone and nice editing job. I can only hope to put something out as nice as this. Course with me in it, it won’t be very nice, but that’s a given. :wink:

5 Likes

that’s great @JerryP ! well played, with a nice smooth tone, and it’s cool to see you playing on video :grin::+1:

7 Likes

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement! :grinning:

7 Likes

You knocked it outta the park @JerryP! Excellent Job!!

4 Likes

Excellent Job as usual @terb! Do love the bass line you played on that one. Fit the mood of the song well.

4 Likes

@akos - Always good to see another new face here on the “Covers” thread! KUDOS for stepping up and putting yourself out there like you did. My only critique will be as @terb mentioned… the tuning was off. Other than that, you really did a great job for a first cover.

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

3 Likes

OK, it’s been awhile since I’ve visited or even posted here, but things have been pretty busy here at the homestead… Hell, I haven’t even had time to pick up my bass since my last cover (Readymade) over a month ago… so… with a bit of a break in activities here, I picked up “Big Red” and put together a somewhat short cover to a song that originally had no bass line.

“FIND THE COST OF FREEDOM” was written by Stephen Stills of Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young and was released in 1970. The entire song is just under two minutes long, but carries a powerful message.

Two acoustic guitars were the only instruments used in the original version - no drums, no bass, just two acoustic guitars with one in alternative tuning - one being recorded on the right channel and the other on the left channel. The last few bars of the piece are sung totally acapella.

Anyway, since the song is played in Cm, I decided to set my bass line to fit in using the Cm Pentatonic Scale playing the C, F, G, & Bb notes in order to give a somewhat "somber’ feeling to the groove.

As always, feedback no matter what the flavor.

Link to: Find The Cost Of Freedom

https://go-low.billlanahan.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Freedom-SD-480p.mov
Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

10 Likes

Very moving @Lanny,
Nice bass line, nice tone, fitted really nicely over the track.
Great tribute Video running parallel with the cover.:+1:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thanks @Lanny!

4 Likes

Beautiful tribute and a very thought provoking video. Thank you @Lanny

4 Likes

Thanks @Mac!

3 Likes