Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Sorry, it was not your post, it was @LesterH who posted, then retracted.
yours we can see.

3 Likes

Nice shirt BTW :+1:

4 Likes

Hi @terb,
It wasn’t your cover that had issues👍
Yours was really cool :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

thanks and sorry, I misunderstood

4 Likes

SIMPLE MAN (by: Lynyrd Skynyrd) - Bass Cover & Music Video…

Was contemplating not putting this one out here on the forum, but decided to do it anyway. When I put the bass cover together for this song (six minutes long), I decided to use two camera angles - as such, the finished product is a larger than normal file size so I decided to just post a link to my website instead of posting the videos here as I have done in the past. Additionally, I will post two separate links - one is to the bass cover version (bass heavy), and the other is to the version I post for my family to watch and listen to (they get tired of just watching me “just” play). Actually I can’t say as I blame them…

Narratives for each version are included on the associated web pages so I won’t go into details here, and the one that I did for the actual bass cover includes two viewing options: one at 70mb file size, and the other at 25mb file size. Needless to say, the 70 is much clearer than the small 25mb video. The Family/Friends music video is only viewable at a 70mb file size.

SIMPLE MAN BASS COVER - BASS HEAVY

SIMPLE MAN MUSIC VIDEO - FAMILY/FRIENDS

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

10 Likes

That’s a really cool cover of a song that has a somber personal connection. Brought a tear to my eye .

5 Likes

@terb sorry man I got slammed by the copyright police of SoundCloud so I will have to make a video and post it today. Your covers have been amazing man!

6 Likes

thank you @LesterH and no problem, we all know those Soundcloud issues and I’m looking forward to your video :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@terb well I am no where near your level of playing but I am going to work on getting a video done today

4 Likes

no worries, this thread has never been a competition :v::grin: all levels are more than welcome, and as long as you do your best it will be great !

5 Likes

@terb I have played guitar for many years performing and recording but I always hated videos lol I always feel so vulnerable it is just a matter of overcoming my own criticism and anxiety but I am going to do it

5 Likes

just listened to both versions @Lanny :grin: no big surprise, I prefer the “family” version, but the “cover” version is not too much in my opinion.

great playing as always, and the part with the chords during the guitar lead is pretty cool !

also that’s cool to switch between two camera angles, it pushes the production quality always further :grin:

7 Likes

Thanks @Mac… It was a great song to learn.

3 Likes

Glad you were able to listen to both @terb… As always, appreciate the feedback. Using two cameras and integrating the video was a first. Did take up about twice the amount of disc space when completed though… I too enjoy the Family/Friends version the most…

6 Likes

Feel ya!.. Kinda why I quit posting with them and youtube both…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

7 Likes

@Lanny you have a great website. I am thinking of doing something similar just to post videos for here (even though I am not much for recording myself in videos) take care and thanks for the advice

7 Likes

Great video @Lanny! Love that song from Skynyrd. At what resolution did you record the video?

4 Likes

Thanks @LesterH… Recording yourself is a great tool to use to both identify issues that you can work on, and also a great way to help document your progress.

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

6 Likes

Thanks @JerryP… I do enjoy playing to Skynyrd so that helps make it fun to learn. When shooting video for covers I typically use a 480P resolution.

4 Likes

Great cover Bill, @Lanny
I like @terb prefer the family cover better, I left my comments on the webpage last night right after it was uploaded, hopefully bassbuzzers will visit and view the 3 versions of your great cover of a great song and post some comments on the website👍
Cheers Brian

5 Likes