Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Roger that.

4 Likes

Here we go again with an attempt to upload a cover song. I hate that the video is poor quality and pretty muffled but I couldnā€™t run it through my recording set up or upload just my recording of it through Logic Pro x. This is Weā€™re Going to be Alright by Switchfoot. Once again I apologize.
https://youtu.be/taSjfaCMlDM

11 Likes

Wonā€™t play for me @LesterH
Could be a regional issue though?

@mac I had it set as a private video so I just changed the settings to unlisted and we will see if it works lol If this doesnā€™t work I will have to put up a website.

2 Likes

Worked for me. Good job. Nice Bass. I think cool color, matches your walls. :open_mouth: :wink:

4 Likes

I know that was not the intention on the color I bought it at a local pawn shop lol

4 Likes

Nice first up cover @LesterH,
You have nice fingering happening on both hands, and look comfy around the fret board.
Just had a bit of an issue with the sound, the bass volume was a little down running parallel to the audio.
All in all itā€™s a great first up jobšŸ‘
Itā€™s good to see some new bass buzzers putting covers up and stepping out of their comfort zone and sharing with everyone, this helps with our progression.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thanks @TNKA36 The recording was trash from an iPad audio so it was really muffled. I have a better audio version but no video to it and I was copyrighted on it so I couldnā€™t get it to load. Thank you for the advice though.

4 Likes

People coming from guitar seem to do really well :slight_smile:

Not surprising at all but Iā€™ve been seriously impressed by you folks with lots of guitar background.

5 Likes

@howard thank you very much. The guitar may have been my primary instrument for years but bass is where I have found my home I believe. It has brought music back to life

6 Likes

Ditto, only difference, the guitar was my primary for a few years, but otherwise, same

5 Likes

It really shows with you guys.

6 Likes

Nice job @LesterH . Certainly looked chilled playing it :+1:
Nothing wrong with the blue bass either. Iā€™ve got a Fender in the same Tidepool blue

5 Likes

Hello, This is my first cover video from the doors, id like your advice and next video i will use soundcard. :smiley:
https://youtu.be/uM0IImS5WW4

12 Likes

Welcome @suaryana
Massive first post! Congrats

4 Likes

Nice first up cover @suaryana,
Good finger crossing, and getting around the fret board,
Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing some morešŸ‘
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome @suaryana
First post in a new forum is a Doors cover. KUDOS, way to jump ALL IN.

That is cool baseline for a song that didnā€™t have one to the best of my knowledge, it would have been from Rayā€™s keyboard, unless they had a studio session bass player.

Love that bass too, what is it. Looks like itā€™s a ray, but no fret dot on the 22nd fret, so not sure.

4 Likes

thatā€™s great @LesterH ! the sound quality is not the best but we still can ear the song and your bass playing, thatā€™s enough especially for a first cover ! you will learn to record and produce better quality tracks, Iā€™m not worried at all.

about the cover itself, you look (and sound) really locked into the groove, thatā€™s really nice ! and what weā€™re asked to do as bass players

nice color sheme for your bass, I love the Tidepood blue so much :star_struck:

congrats !

ā€¦ oh and by the way ā€¦ this is the 100th cover since the begining of this thread !

:v::partying_face:

9 Likes

hey @suaryana ! nice cover and very cool bass line !

as you ask for advices : your timing is a bit early, you could work on that point to improve your playing :grin::+1:

oh and welcome here !

6 Likes

@LesterH Yeeeeahhh, buddy. Nice groove, and nice smooth facility on the fretboard.

@suaryana - congrats on your first covers vid! Your sound is nice! The timing needs some work. +1 to what @terb said. You tend to rush on your rhythms.

When youā€™re playing, are you listening to the track in your headphones, or through the speakers?
Make sure you are comfortable playing the line to a metronome or time keeper. Then - when you start practicing along with the recording, make sure your main effort is to hear the recording - not your playing! If you have practiced your bass line to a groove and are used to locking in the part with a rhythm, my hope is that youā€™ll be able to move to playing with the recording more easily.
If you practice the bass line without a time-keeper or a drum machine, it will be very tricky to keep your place with the recording.
Also - in listening to the recording - do your very best to IGNORE THE SINGER! Our ears are used to hearing the words and melody. You need to train your ear to hear the drums and the bass!

Best of luck, and I look forward to the next cover.

11 Likes