Post your covers! (2019-2022)

@sfadams great playing! You have to love the copyright police

3 Likes

Love it @sfadams!! Upbeat with plenty of bass groove!! Great tone and great mixing with a bit of "Bass Face thrown in for a little extra entertainment! Can easily tell that you were into this one!! Great ending!!

I’m really loving all of the new cover posts here!! FUN!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes

WOAH @LesterH!!! Way Cool!! What can I say other than to be able to take a Bruno Mars song and put your bass groove to it on a day is like… Damn Dude!!! Awesome!! You certainly are building on your musical play list!!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes

Id like to watch your playing but the link is not working.

Playing at 4 in the morning? how? my fingers are relaxed when its night to morning after playing on thr afternoon.

1 Like

Hello @suaryana,
I just tried the link and it works fine. I noticed you don’t have the “https://” at the beginning. Can you try that and let me know?

3 Likes

@Lanny Thanks brother! No matter what we play it has to become our own at some point. I enjoyed this song for playing purposes.

5 Likes

excellent covers @LesterH and @sfadams ! very well played in both cases. and I really like the B52 :grin:

6 Likes

Great cover! One of my favorite songs from the 80’s. Good job!

5 Likes

Turns out the vimeo is not available on my country and i use vpn and it works, the song is very catchy and your finger playing is smooth, keep it up! :smiley:

3 Likes

Great cover, your bass is glued to the song (got the groove), and you have awesome beard!

4 Likes

@suaryana Right on! Thank you.

5 Likes

Glad you can get it. Thank you for your kind words.

6 Likes

Great cover there. love the tone, and you raced that marathon well. slow and steady, always on time. That was a finger workout for sure. good job.

4 Likes

Howdy gang! Here is my latest effort.

Love this song anyway, so I had to try it - after doing this lesson in Beginner to Badass.

11 Likes

that’s nice @JDDaniel , you’re getting closer to “badass” :grin:

a few ideas if you want some constructive advices :

• some notes are ringing too long : it’s about your muting technique. when you play a note, it’s often useful to mute the previous note, so they don’t interact and create some kind of unwanted weird chord. something to work here :slight_smile:
  • your timing is too early, which means that you attack the notes a liiiiiittle bit before the actual note happens on the song. it sounds like you’re trying to make the song accelerate (which won’t work :face_with_hand_over_mouth: )
  • if I remember, this song has nothing difficult, so it would not be really harder to play for a longer time ; maybe next time you could try a full length cover ? :sunglasses:

'hope it helps ! congrats again !

7 Likes

Great one, cool tune to play along to. You are getting better, way to go.

7 Likes

Good job @JDDaniel! @terb made some good points. Just keep on getting better!

5 Likes

The thumbnail screen shot here is the best. Big high fives for that.

7 Likes

So I got caught yesterday in my music room working on an Anniversary gift for Connie. Our 42nd anniversary is only a week away and I had started working on the bass line of “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton and she caught on to it… So, I just put this cover together as normal, but what she doesn’t know is that the REAL version will not contain any of Claptons music - just my bass line along with my Navy Buddy Ronnie Slack playing some lead guitar riffs while the written lyrics show up on screen. Kind of like a musical Anniversary card with no one singing - just instruments playing, photos, and words… Anyway, figured since I had to finish this “Decoy” version that I might as well just post it as normal.

After covering several fairly fast paced rock songs lately, going to this really slow paced song was… HELL for me! Almost fell asleep a couple times playing through it… Also, I recorded the song from one of my old records that had a bit of a scratch in it in the beginning that you can kinda hear… Sorry for that, but like I mentioned, I’m not gonna use the song anyway - only my bass line from it… Oh, Connie, my kids and grandkids only watch my covers that have something more interesting to look at, (Other than just me) so I always create them for their enjoyment… Enjoy…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

Wonderful Tonight

11 Likes

Happy Anniversary, I will give a listen in a little bit

4 Likes