Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Yeah, you caught me. How did you know?

6 Likes

Thank you @LesterH! I really appreciate your kind words. :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks Laurent for all your encouragement. You and @Lanny have really been the impetus to make me try harder. And that goes for everyone here as well.

I have limited resources to achieve that perfect tone. I tried a number of things and from what I had available. Someday Iā€™ll get into the pedals and such, but for now Iā€™ll work with what I have. I know if I need help finding the right tone, I can count on you and the rest of the gang here to guide me along.

Thanks Again!

7 Likes

Thanks @DaveT! Glad you liked it.

5 Likes

Thank you @gcancella!

6 Likes

No problem @JerryP you did great I look forward to hearing some more from you

6 Likes

thatā€™s fine. your current tone works pretty well, thereā€™s nothing wrong. also what I told about is more about EQing, believe it or not but Iā€™m not at all a big pedal user (despite the fact that I have a little effects graveyard with all the stuff I donā€™t use :face_with_hand_over_mouth: ) and I will never be like ā€œyou need that gearā€. you donā€™t need much ā€¦ really thatā€™s not the point. what I said is more an ideal mix that I had in my head, I just wanted to share that with you :slight_smile:

otherwise your current tone is fine. very good tone indeed. just, if you want to get a little bit more ā€œorganicā€ ā€œvocalā€ tone from your bass, with strictly your current gear, you could cut a bit of low end. maybe a (hard) low pass at around 60 to 80 Hz would be enough.

just ideas to push your thing further if you want :grin:

6 Likes

Hi Jerry, @JerryP,
I read your story,:+1:watched your cover and then read all the feedback from our friends on the forumā€‹:+1:
There is not much more I can sayšŸ˜Ž
You smashed it out of the park, your fingering, your smooth playing and your level of comfort in front of the camera have improved so much, and I think when you have a song you personally love the motivation to make it great takes you to another level, and the video you produced really shows how much you are into the songšŸ‘
Great job.
Canā€™t wait to see whatā€™s nextā€‹:grin:. :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Thank you @b.s.excavations Brian. Iā€™m glad you liked it. I have a few Herb Alpert songs that I really like and Iā€™m already working on another. Iā€™m going to have come up with my own bass line for it as I canā€™t find a transcription for it.

6 Likes

Here is a cover of Bruno Mars Locked out of Heaven. Personally I have never listened to his music until today when I attempted this song. I really enjoyed the bass groove and I believe it only helps to diversify my music. I hope you enjoy.
https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2020/09/11/locked-out-of-heaven-bruno-mars-bass-cover/

12 Likes

Hi Lester, @LesterH
Another great cover.
Cheers Brian.

4 Likes

Hey Brian @TNKA36 Thanks, I pulled this song from @JoshFossgreen Spotify bass playlist and just gave it a whirl today. It was a fun song to play.

4 Likes

Wow, learned that it a day? I mean I can get all the parts ok, but IDK if I could play thru that whole song and make the right changes at the right times thru the whole song. Very impressive.
I recognize the song and know it enough from the radio, but I donā€™t know it to be able to play thru.
Great job

3 Likes

Great cover @LesterH! Not familiar with the song but very impressed you learned it so quickly.

2 Likes

@T_dub Toby, you could get it man. Once you listen to it a few times and just nail down the groove you can go with it. You are talented so I am sure you could do it.

2 Likes

@JerryP I just found the right groove and hung in there it may not be note for note but I was going with my ear. Not my usual pick of music either

5 Likes

Great cover once more. Well played.

6 Likes

Hereā€™s a quick nā€™dirty bass cover of B-52ā€™s ā€˜Love Shackā€™. This is a ā€˜substituteā€™ song. I didnā€™t plan on videoing it at all ā€¦ I was a bit frustrated because Iā€™d first tried to upload Rolling Stones ā€˜Gimme Shelterā€™ but got ā€œBlocked Worldwideā€ from our friends at YouTube (after, of course, Iā€™d played it perfectly LOL):

https://youtu.be/w6G_mm2aXbg

14 Likes

Great Cover @sfadams,
enjoyed it and liked your laid back style.
cant wait to hear gimme shelter, that is a great song.
Cheers Brian.

6 Likes

Love that song!

5 Likes