Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Nice cover @JerryP
Change of pace a couple of times and a shift in pitch all taken in your stride. Job well done :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you! I have the tab if you’d like to try it.

5 Likes

Thanks @T_dub. It really feels good when accomplish something that you really want.
Thanks again.

3 Likes

Thanks @Mac!

3 Likes

Yeah, thanks! Maybe I should try that one again…

By the way, I think it was Carol Kaye who played bass on the original - so, you are in very good company!

4 Likes

Sure. I’ll send it in a private message.

4 Likes

Great job @JerryP I loved it thank you for sharing!

5 Likes

Excellent! Especially for a 4.00am performance! :clap: :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thank you @LesterH and you’re welcome.

4 Likes

Thanks @sfadams! Don’t all musicians play at 4:00 in the morning? :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

A FANTASTIC job @JerryP!! Well played, great tone, great timing… What more can anyone say??.. Loved it!! So cool to play a song that you’ve always dreamed of playing!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

6 Likes

Thanks for all your encouragement! Since you commented on the Hawaii Five-0 album cover, I had to include one of the most iconic album covers of the mid 60’s.

5 Likes

Love your taste in music @JerryP!

5 Likes

I bit different taste than a lot of the great people here, maybe it has something to do with my age.
OK got to go to work now.

6 Likes

@JerryP I love your music selection. Out of the songs I have covered on here I really do not listen to that style of music truth be told, I love Jazz music and 50’s and 60’s rock and roll. I am in my early 40’s but really love various styles of music. I am trying to diversify my playing hence why I play very different covers. Your playing is amazing keep it up

5 Likes

Ah, so you came home from the pub and picked up your bass - different story then :crazy_face:

6 Likes

and it’s very certainly not the worst :grin:

more seriously, that’s a truely excellent cover. your groove fits perfectly with the song, which is really great considering that it’s an important song to you. also your timing is clearly at the level of the best covers we have on this thread since the begining.

@JerryP :slight_smile: you’re very welcome to comment on your cover ! that’s not boring at all ! it’s even something precious I think because it gives a context to your effort, that’s great. I’m always happy to read this kind of text.
also for example @Lanny and myself always write this kind of comment for each of our covers, I think that’s a valuable add-on to the cover itself, as the video is to the audio track.

to sum up : congratulations, that’s excellent from A to Z !

if you really want a criticism … I’d say that for this particular mix, I may have prefered a thinner bass tone. something like a Jazz Bass on the neck pickup only, maybe, and not too much low end on the EQ. that’s not the kind of tone I like in general, but for this kind of mix I think it would have added something to the “organic” side. but that’s a very small detail and mostly a very personnal point of view.

9 Likes

That was fabulous and fun to listen to! I had just found this on vinyl recently.

5 Likes

Very nice @JerryP! I had a good time listening to it

5 Likes

Yes, you’re right. She play a lot with the Tijuana Brass.

6 Likes