Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Thanks

2 Likes

That’s Neat! :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t understand? Are you saying you made up that bass line to go along with his drum beats?
I was thinking he gave a challenge to play that slap you played?
If you made that up, you are AWESOME, that is so cool.

I was hoping I would find the video that would teach me that slap riff

2 Likes

Or is that slapping you did in this video of Josh’s? I may have to watch it again and see. i watched it before, but didn’t play to it before.

2 Likes

yes, i made up the bass line that go along with the drum, and i use funk formula that josh uploaded :D, Thank you

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/UfdG9gsAGlI

this is the recipe i learned slap bassline, you might want to learn in those videos, i use the “ONE” Formula from my davie504 bass challange, and may i ask you what genre of song are you into? if you add some video link about slap bass, i’d be pleased :smiley:

4 Likes

That is great, I am very impressed. That should actually be posted on the thread about posting your original content, since it is not a cover.
Awesome job. I am gonna try and learn it off your video.

3 Likes

There is 2 different type to slap bass, such as the fingers goes up to the string (larry graham, marcus miller, josh) and down (flea), as josh said the finger goes up to the string make the slap more precision, and its true. i share this just incase if you want to start getting on slap technicque. and sorry for my english. :smiley:

3 Likes

Ok, yeah, I can do slap, I just don’t knoe very much riffs and tricks, I only learned a song or two and use that to practice slap.
Yeah, I learned off. your song, it is not super hard to play, but you play it very very very well. i just learned it, so will take time to play it better.

2 Likes

Thank you, maybe slap bass doesnt need to be hard or playing much note its more about groove or how catchy is it, i like RHCP its one of my fav band, i know many rhcp basslines but i dont have guts to cover it in my next video because flea added crazy amount of bass fills :smiley: and may i know what song do you learn?

4 Likes

Super well done, very cool.

5 Likes

Thank you :smiley:

5 Likes

Take the Power Back by Rage Against The Machine

3 Likes

Thats a cool bassline, i just listen to it, i like RATM but i only know 2 songs, ill add that bassline to my reference of my bass playing, Thanks! :smiley:

4 Likes

Josh does a walk thru tutorial for that song, and it is a great song to learn slap on, it sounds awesome, and it is not too hard to learn on.
I will post the link in another thread, we can’t keep talking about it in this thread, it is fir covers. Look for my next post and you will find it.

1 Like

I posted it here

1 Like

Hey BassBuzzers!

I have a new cover to post but I want to preface it with a bit of dialog. I hope I don’t get too wordy and boring. I’ve always liked Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass since I was young. When I signed up for the B2B course last year, I knew I would be really learning how to play. After I joined the forum, one of the first posts I made was the answer to the thread “What’s Your Dream Bass Line To Learn”? “A Taste of Honey” was the song I posted and at that time I promised myself that I would learn it. Well, it’s done and I want to share the cover with all of you, you who have encouraged and mentored for the past year and a half. And especially @JoshFossgreen for his most excellent teaching methods without which I wouldn’t have gotten here. This song has a special place with me and I hope I didn’t get too sugary with this introduction. It may not be the best cover on this thread, but to me it is a milestone of accomplishment. I hope you enjoy it.
(Please excuse my appearance, I recorded this at 4:00 in the morning after only one cup of coffee.) tasteof honey_cover_11092020 on Vimeo

14 Likes

Nice! Well done - I wouldn’t be able to play that at 4 am :grin:

I practiced this also about a year ago, but with slightly different fingering. I guess I should try yours!?

Not an easy bass line to play, but lots of fun!

8 Likes

Nothing wrong with your introduction, it was a great story that I am happy to have read.
Now I am going to listen to it

4 Likes

That was Fantastic.
I am not familiar with the band or the song, but I really liked it.
And you played it very well, great job, I am so very happy you accomplished your goal.
So, whats next??? :wink:

5 Likes