Post your covers! (2019-2022)

Good job with curating this thread, @terb!

And great covers all around recently, which I haven’t commented on individually, not least because everyone is getting so good at it, I don’t know what to add other than praise, a tip to the hat and a smile :smile:

Ten years from now, people will talk about the “Bilgerats” (also known as “Lanny’s Boys”) as the birthplace of a new creed of bass players :joy:

8 Likes

Thanks Lester @LesterH,
Cyndi was a great artist, and I enjoy covering her songs.
Added bonus is my my bass teacher wrote and played the bass line👍
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Thanks @Mac,
It’s easy to feel relaxed when you’re playing something that you love.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Thanks @terb,
I feel privileged to be the lucky bassist to get our amazing family up to 100 covers for the year.
I’m sure there will be plenty of additions before the years out.
:+1: cheers Brian

7 Likes

Thanks at @joergkutter,
You have inspired us with your studio stuff, it will be great when others who have the opportunity to get into an environment like you to share with all the family on the forum.
Best wishes
Brian

7 Likes

Another great cover @TNKA36 Brian… A bit on the “Sleepy” side fo me, but a great test of timing and tone control given the relaxed atmosphere of the song.

Congrats on hitting the 100th cover for 2020!! There was a time when Laurent @terb and myself seemed to be the only two posting covers, and when Laurent started the thread, (Believe it or not)… even I was a bit shy to post - I believe we were both involved in taking the B2B course at the time… So glad that this thread was started, and has become somewhat of a “Mainstay” for the BassBuzz forum! Thanks Laurent!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

6 Likes

Hahaha @joergkutter Joerg!! :rofl::rofl:.

Actually, the only thing more prestigious than being a “BilgeRat”, is being a “BadAss BilgeRat”!!:joy::grin::rofl:

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

6 Likes

Hi Bill, @Lanny
Thanks for your support along the journey,I’m sure everyone on the forum appreciates your assistance along with @terb and all the other more experienced forum members.
It’s what enables everyone to grow in their playing along with skills and motivation to put it out there and share with everyone.
I hope my cover didn’t put you to sleep​:joy: :rofl:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Great father/son cover @LesterH! Enjoyed it!

4 Likes

Great cover Toby @T_dub! Very smooth and mellow tone. Good job.

3 Likes

Another great cover Brian @TNKA36! I’m enjoying all these mellow easy tunes.
great job!

3 Likes

Thanks Jerry @JerryP,
I kinda like the laid back songs, the focus on them is making sure the timing is absolutely correct.
I also love Cyndi’s lyrics and vocals.:+1:
Thanks for the feedback😎
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

I really enjoyed that. I love Herb Alpert’s music! My parents played it when I was very young.

4 Likes

Today has been hectic for us, well this week has been hectic for us. We have moved in my father in law because he is in hospice care and cannot take care of himself anymore. It is my birthday and after celebrating with my wife and children I decided to plug in the bass learn a new song and record away. So here is a cover of Paramore’s “Caught in the middle” I hope you all enjoy and are enjoying your week.
Caught in the middle (Paramore) Bass cover

8 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. I’m working on a second TJB song and I hope I can get the cover done when I get back from my business trip.

3 Likes

Great song @LesterH! I love the bass line, and the tone is most excellent! So glad that you were able to plug in for a bit and take a break from what sounds to have been a most hectic week for you and your family. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:birthday::tada::balloon:

Keep on Thumpin’
Lanny

4 Likes

@Lanny Thanks Lanny I am loving the TC Electronic bass amp for the tone! It was a great way to unwind for sure this evening

4 Likes

Nice Smooth Bass line Lester, @LesterH , Played really nicely.
Sounded like you were in the zone.
Happy Birthday big fella.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

@TNKA36 thank you!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Lester.
Nice present to yourself :smile:

Great job
Now I want to get that amp more than ever. I am waiting for them to get them in stock again.

3 Likes