5 Likes

@Mac thank you brother! I appreciate it

4 Likes

happy birthday @LesterH !

:partying_face:

5 Likes

Thank you @terb

5 Likes

I may want to do my first cover soon-is! I choose “Say it ain’t so” by Weezer. Love that song and the bass line seems doable for a beginner like me. Now my problem is, that all the tabs I found so far seems wrong? And my music knowledge is not that advanced yet to be able to do my own tabs… Any suggestions? The Songsterr tabs seem okay?

6 Likes

I’ve used a few tabs from Songsterr and I would say it’s hit or miss. If a section of the song didn’t sound right, I would try to find my own notes to plug in and play.

5 Likes

Don’t underestimate your own faculties here! If you can see/hear that tabs are wrong, that is already a big step forward! The question then is: are they very wrong or just a bit off? Could you find out how to change the tabs in the “right” direction? Let your ear guide you! In the end, if it sounds right, it might be a “good solution” musically even if it is not exactly as played on the recording! Actually, there might exist different versions of the recording (studio/live) that might have slightly different bass lines! All this is actually a fantastic learning experience in itself!!

8 Likes

Totally agree with what @joergkutter Joerg mentions here @StefanK… Try using your ear. If you need some help, just try to find the chords that are played in the song and work from there. Creating covers is suppose to be a learning experience, and a big part of that experience is creating your own bassline when ever possible. Even if only a few well placed notes, plucked at the right time…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

9 Likes

Hey Everyone
This cover is a quick test of the NUX Mighty Plug headphone amp being used as a DAI that I said I would report on for @Substr.
I did this in a hotel room without all my usual gear so please excuse the coarseness of the video. There may be a flub or two and I wasn’t real happy about the ending, but again it was about the NUX and not the actual song. I hope you all enjoy it.

12 Likes

nice cover @JerryP , the Nux seems to work well and brings you a nice travel setup ! that’s cool to be able to record covers on the road :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks Laurent @terb. It was more of a chore here in the hotel and I think I’ll wait until I get home for the next one. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

my last cover was Blow from Psychlona. for the second time (the first being my cover of Sleuthfoot) the band has listen to my cover and commented about it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: that’s very gratifying

11 Likes

Hi Jerry @JerryP,
Nice tone from your bass, I thought it sounded great👍
No issues with the production, great job.
Just one thing, that was a great year “1962”
That song is older than me😎
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

That’s got to be awesome that the band complemented you on the cover.

4 Likes

Thanks Brian. It was fun to play.

3 Likes

Hey @terb,
You may get the call up​:sunglasses::+1:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

@StefanK I covered that song a little while back if I can help you with some parts let me know. It is a great song and fun to play

6 Likes

Very nice given the limited resources while on travel @JerryP. Great tunes - brought back some old late ‘60’s era memories… My ‘64 Chevy Impala didn’t have a 409 in it though… but the 327 with a Holly 4bbl and a set of Hooker headers and a pair of Cherry Bombs wasn’t too damn shabby on the street either… Yup, good memories… Thanks Jerry!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes

They really are ! I’ve just spent a good while learning Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter only to find out now I’ve gone to play along with the official version it is very very wrong

4 Likes