Post your covers! (2023)

Hey @Paul_9207 - really professional cover as usual. How do you get that nice sharp crisp tone :ok_hand: on that radioactive P? Preamp?

1 Like

Thanks Ed! No pages for her to turn on this one. LOL

2 Likes

Bob Marley: Is This Love bass cover - Ft My brother acting like a fool in the background (and foreground).

I’m practicing this one for my next show!

12 Likes

Thanks Ed. I do use a sansamp preamp, but I also record two channels. One channel I’ll mix pretty low so if you are listening on a system that has a sub woofer it sounds really deep. And the second channel I’ll mix high so if you are listening on a phone you can hear it. Together it usually ends up sounding pretty good.

3 Likes

Nice job @beaurapp !

2 Likes

I want in too, time for my next cover, lol.

Lemonade by Yein Kim talented young lady from Seoul.

It’s was a lesson in ghost notes for me I used it to practice speed and articulation it’s very short and fun to play. I’m including the Tab I made on GP8.

An acknowledgment: the headphones I used is KOSS KPH30 W (white), is by far punch way above its weight. It’s retro style and sound super awesome, rivals many of my $400-800 audiophile headphone at $30. Highly recommend. It needs a bit more juice to drive the sound but if you are an audio geek you’ve probably heard about it or better yet own one already.

14 Likes

awesome as always @Al1885 !

3 Likes

Fantastic @beaurapp (brother and all)

4 Likes

Fantastic playing and basses @Al1885
Keep the bass models on the screen a bit longer please!

3 Likes

Thanks @John_E

Fixed.

2 Likes

Thanks @Paul_9207 it was a fun song. Going through all 5 strings

3 Likes

Next Cover

My favorite song by my favorite bassist of all time Mr Nathan East.

Change the World live

Bass
Yamaha BBNE2
Ernie Ball Music Man BFR Feugo Fretless
Warwick Team Built Corvette $$

All Center Detent

This is a fun song with everything in it. Long sustain note with double stops on top, lots of articulations and fun fills. It can also be comfortably played with a 4 string. I made a tab on a GP8 with 4 string I’ll be posting that I’ll be posting later comparing the affordable basses and how they sound.
The Fretless is so much fun to play I just love it. I had it on the StingRay Mode, it sounds so aggressive.

As always please enjoy!

16 Likes

@Al1885 You are from another planet. Your interpretation and effortless playing, while sitting there and wondering how Ginger and Mrs Howell had so many clothes, is truly impressive…

5 Likes

Lmao!!!

3 Likes

Yeah! lol. The days of spending hours of recording is gone with my restaurant, so I popped in for a quick couple takes then go do the Daddy choirs. Rinse and repeat, lol. The BBNE2 version I was in the shed in the middle of a 96* Sunday in Socal my AC was on full blast and it’s still 85* in the shed, you can see I kept wiping my sweats, ha ha.

3 Likes

Exactly, lol.

2 Likes

Oh that was tip top @Al1885 I’m working on a Nathan East song at the minute. That guy can play!

I really really enjoyed that :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

3 Likes

Thanks @Barney. I’m working on a few he crosses so many genres it’s so awesome. This song alone has so many awesome versions.

3 Likes

I watched an interview where he said he’d played on over 2000 albums. Seems like a genuinely nice guy as well.

3 Likes

He probably forgot more licks than I know how to play, :rofl:

Totally down to earth like you have no idea. I don’t know who’s more down to earth Nate or Leland, I know Leland like to joke around a lot. They both know they are the Sh!t there’s no need to flaunt it in everyone’s face.

5 Likes