Post your covers! (2023)

Awesome job on this tune. I think you made a fine choice with that jazz bass… great picking technique too I might add. I used to use a pick almost exclusively but I lost my flair for it over the years. Seeing this makes me realize that I need to work on that again.

2 Likes

Very well done Justin!

2 Likes

Great job Paul! Seemed like fun to play. Enjoyed it.

1 Like

Thanks Jerry

1 Like

5 string sounds great on this cover for sure. Great playing @Justin3.

Are you using the GoMixer Pro?

2 Likes

Hi all, just a reminder about our Christmas (or other holiday tune) cover thread if you are so inclined…

4 Likes

That’s fun man @Paul_9207 those rest through out the songs is really interesting. It also come at a fun count too. Your fills are like butter.

3 Likes

Lots to love here Al! Might have to try to learn some of those licks since you were kind enough to tab them out.

I agree, nice to see the Squiers on this. And that Sterling, well I’m biased with fretless, but wow, I love it, is that one of kind?

2 Likes

Lol the exact reason I stopped doing the ‘50 songs challenge’.

That was super tight and a great example of how good the higher end Squier basses are i.e fantastic.

:monkey_face: :monkey_face: :monkey_face: :monkey_face: :monkey_face:

4 Likes

Me too! I think it’s a good challenge and has it’s place, it’s just not for me.

Thank you! I agree.

4 Likes

Yes it’s a one off. Lignum was supposed to make 2 for me one short scale and one standard but they well, delayed by almost 2 years so they ended up making both for me for free. Which is very nice of them.

3 Likes

Yeah @Paul_9207 this is the main reason I’ve held off the 50 song challenge too. M’good lady wife says that musicians have to sometimes play songs they hate though, and I’m planning on gritting my teeth to get through the next couple :slight_smile:

As usual a spot-on with great production! And the Squier is really nice. The 40th anniversary range was a total win for Squier IMO

3 Likes

Glad you managed to escape a little and share this fun sounding tune. Never heard it before, and not sure “Itchycoo” is a great name for a park, but I sure enjoyed it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s the reason I never started the 50 song challenge :rofl:

I only play songs I like.

4 Likes

Hah Thanks! :slight_smile:

I was just watching a vid about this, and apparently the band were talking about parks that were overgrown with stinging nettles - they used to play there when they were little and got stung. You live you learn :slight_smile:

This is it man - I hide in my music but the bass always plays the truth :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another hidden gem @Justin3, excellent all around!

2 Likes

This looks fun to play and it was fun to listen to! I think Foo Fighters bass gets lost in the mix a lot of times, it was nice to hear it out in front. So much energy, and locked into with the drums real nice.

2 Likes

I was watching the singer / songwriter Mary Spender’s excellent YouTube channel last week, when she mentioned she’d never heard this song until last year; when she was 32!

I thought, I wonder after 40 years if it still holds up? Well kids, it’s no surprise that Pat Benatar kicks ass in this 80’s classic. Straightforward bass line, that is so much fun to play.

Drop D tuning (DADG)

I’m betting @John_E must have at least one vinyl Pat Benatar album in his extensive collection.

Pat Benatar - Love is a Battlefield (1983)

I started playing Bass in Nov 2020. Moises.ai app to remove the original Roger Capps bass line and overdub mine.

Signal Chain:
Origin Effects Cali 76
Ampeg SGT-DI
DAI - Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Amplitube 5 (Cab sim + effects)
MIM Fender P Bass
GHS Precision Flats

10 Likes

This was great @cheeze_pizza !!

I have a challenge for you….
Your next 50 song challenge cover - learn it then put away the music and learn it without music. I know you can do it. I feel like you rely too much in the page and are burning holes in it, lol :upside_down_face:

Kidding but I know you can do it!

3 Likes

Man you even look the part with that turtleneck.

I loved everything about this, except felt you could use a bit of compression. Some of your notes got lost to me.

Great tune and great job!

2 Likes