Post your covers! (2023)

Thanks @howard plenty of missed notes though but better than miss-placed I guess. Lol

4 Likes

Hey you did it @John_E I agree it’s not easy to keep up the entire song you gotta keep your concentration up or you’d hit a ghost note, I tried a few bars and just waved my hand, lol.

Like the tone and how you just plow through it. I’m taking you up on the “One day Challenge”. It’s kinda fun. I recorded last night and about to edit now.

3 Likes

Trying a one dayer now but a couple free too many last night may get in the way lol.

3 Likes

Persistence pays off! Great cover John! You nailed it.
:+1:

2 Likes

Great cover John! I feel ya on trying to go full speed with this one.

1 Like

Cover #2 - Blu De Tiger - Vintage

I discovered Blu in last year when she was featured in a pair of Chromeo songs. Got the chance to see her group back in June when she toured with Bleechers. It’s a really fun show and she is definitely an awesome bass player.

Love this tune and while the bass lines aren’t super hard she uses a lot of slides in this song. My fingers don’t have the callouses yet so I took some liberties. Spent all day on this one and not completely happy with it but it’s time to give the hands a rest and perhaps revisit soon.

Also - big props to Blu for allowing covers of her music on Youtube.

11 Likes

Very nicely done @cheeze_pizza ! Love the tone for this one.
:+1:

1 Like

Good job Cheezy @cheeze_pizza I like songs that let you travel up and down the neck. A few more runs you are good to go.

1 Like

Thanks @Al1885 I stubbornly wanted to nail it today but I need to respect my limits.

1 Like

This is a @John_E One day song challenge. I thought it was a great idea.

Here’s one of a few VulPeck songs I can play in any amount of time, lol.
Love is a wonderful thing by VulPeck

Bass
Music Man Sabre switch position 5 neck pickup and the mute pads fully engaged
Music Man Cutlass well the only position they have, lol.

Sorry I messed up on the editing on LumaFusion and after upload I deleted the files, first time I’ve done that to create the empty space for the next songs and but the time I found out it was too late. I’ll give you that second and half here, … there you have it, lol.

10 Likes

Really mellow vibes Al. I really enjoyed that. The bass sliding around under those harmonies was especially pleasant.

2 Likes

Next one is the song I listened to for a few weeks and just got down to record last night It’s a very laidback take on the original and it’s fun to play.

Song
Alone Again Naturally
Monica Martin, VolfMon & Vulf

Bass
MusicMan Cutlass Bass
MusicMan Sabre Bass switch Position 4

10 Likes

Growly goodness here @cheeze_pizza man.
Never heard this before but I like it.

Great job.

2 Likes

Al is in a mellow mood tonight! I love it man. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thanks @John_E :smiley:

1 Like

@Al1885 you’re to advanced doe 24-hours.
You need an hour challenge then a sight read once through challenge. Lol

3 Likes

Nice version of this old ‘70s tune.
Great work @Al1885

3 Likes

Thanks @John_E

1 Like

The cover was hard enough but the video editing took longer, lol.

1 Like

Last cover of the night. Sorry it’s been raining since 9am this morning now it’s 7:30pm, forecast showed that it would rain for the next 3 days, hmm! There goes my projects time.

Anyways, my favorite song with bunch of favorite musicians in one place.

Song
Feel so good the extended version
By Chuck Mangioni which needs no introductions

Bass
MusicMan Cutlass Bass
MusicMan Sabre Bass switch position 4

This is one of the harder one for sure especially for bass not the technicality but the songs takes you up and down the emotional roller coaster and the bass lines repeats for the most parts showing off all of the wonderful soloists. They all got their rocks off and the Bass just rinse and repeat, lol.

https://youtu.be/Q_eO2RvMCzY

7 Likes