Post your covers! (2023)

That is a fine looking bass :slightly_smiling_face:! I’ve been thinking of investing in a p for a short while and this may just push me over the edge… It definitely fits the song :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I tried every other bass (behind me + the acoustic traveler bass - LoL) and it was the only one I could get close to the correct tone.

4 Likes

Love it very Bluesy @JDDaniel love the Stetson and the whole looks, you should think about a signature move at the end of the song, lol. That was priceless.

2 Likes

totally appropriate :grin:

2 Likes

@Al1885 … go back and watch the last 10 seconds. I did the “ZZ Top Wave.”

PS : You and others were an inspiration (your Christmas sweater!) which is why I had to go “in character” for this video.

6 Likes

also what I tried to do, just for fun, when I recorder my ZZ Top cover :grin:

2 Likes

Well looky who came back in a big Texas way!
I was just thinking about you today, I picked up two Reverend Horton Heat records and was wondering where our Texan was.

Great to see you @JDDaniel and in a cover to boot!
You’re lookin good man, must be eating right!

This was great brother.
For the most part you timing was nice and also laid back in a great way. Few times you were rushing but not many. Well done.

3 Likes

I know you did, i was just kidding. It was cool man!

2 Likes

You rascal you…. LoL

3 Likes

You shoot straight now you hear, lol.

3 Likes

Great cover JD! Good to have you back. Very bluesy and mellow. Enjoyed it.
:+1:

1 Like

anyone know where I can upload audio only to link here that won’t immediately be removed for copyright stuff? (looking at you soundcloud… :eyes::joy:)

3 Likes

Vimeo but you may have to pay.

3 Likes

You don’t have to pay but are limited in how much you can upload monthly.

4 Likes

Excellent cover @JDDaniel

The hat and shades really made the look!

3 Likes

Ah…yes the big muff style headphones. Perhaps I should get something more like this:

:upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Thanks @cheeze_pizza

2 Likes

Here is my cover of Rancid’s “Timebomb” (copied from 50 Song Challenge #39 post):
I wish I was punk enough to do this for a living, wow this is incredibly fun to play! Took a while to get up to speed. I might start a petition to move this to the “level 3” category :slight_smile: Original is picked, so I tried to keep my plucking aggressive throughout.

Technical Stuff: Fernandes J Bass (100% neck, 25% bridge, 100% tone) => Behringer BDI-21 DI => DAI. Added some Compression and EQ in post.

13 Likes

Very well done! :+1:

2 Likes

Excellent cover man! Nice upbeat stuff.

2 Likes