Post your covers! (2023)

Nice version of this old ‘70s tune.
Great work @Al1885

3 Likes

Thanks @John_E

1 Like

The cover was hard enough but the video editing took longer, lol.

1 Like

Last cover of the night. Sorry it’s been raining since 9am this morning now it’s 7:30pm, forecast showed that it would rain for the next 3 days, hmm! There goes my projects time.

Anyways, my favorite song with bunch of favorite musicians in one place.

Song
Feel so good the extended version
By Chuck Mangioni which needs no introductions

Bass
MusicMan Cutlass Bass
MusicMan Sabre Bass switch position 4

This is one of the harder one for sure especially for bass not the technicality but the songs takes you up and down the emotional roller coaster and the bass lines repeats for the most parts showing off all of the wonderful soloists. They all got their rocks off and the Bass just rinse and repeat, lol.

https://youtu.be/Q_eO2RvMCzY

7 Likes

Pat Benatar and Joan Jett are good 1 day challenges

1 Like

One of the best tunes ever. Love the Hollywood Bowl version best. This is really close to that one but a bit slower. Great job

2 Likes

Three great covers Al! Interestingly, I haven’t heard “Alone Again Naturally” in many years and now this week I’ve heard this same version twice.
:+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @John_E this is my favorite version for sure as Grant Geissman get the long version of his guitar solo, it became what he’s know for.

1 Like

Thanks @JerryP this is the 3rd version of that some I heard, the original and Diana Krall duet.

1 Like

Yes liked the tone on this; big Blu fan here. I subscribe to her channel. A great example of how less is more.

You’ll find doing covers that pretty much most artists allow their music to used on YouTube. It’s only asshats like The Beatles, AC/DC (you know the ‘Blockers’ as Beato refers to them) that don’t allow it. It’s idiotic.

Lastly are those headphones big enough Gromit?

granddayout06

2 Likes

It’s easy listening Sunday with @Al1885. This thread is part of my continuing music education. Her singing on the Gilbert O’Sullivan cover is just fabulous.

I must dig more into that stuff. Fantastic stuff. I don’t aspire to your bass collection but I do aspire to your playing. Only another 10 years and I think I’m in with a shot. Top stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks @Barney
Agree 100% Monica can belt it out but she stay in the lane and make the song so understatedly fabulous.

I doubt if you need more than a year to catch up to my playing your sense of timing is already there and you feel the music when you play, you only need to listen to this collection of songs more and you’ll pick it right up. I practically reboot my playing at lockdown. It’s definitely been rejuvenating.

2 Likes

Really nice, @Al1885. The Cutlass with its Optima Studio Uniques had a great sound. Well done, man.

2 Likes

Congrats for your first cover @JustTim ! It’s totally fine to me, the audio and video parts are both fine. Also I love AC/DC :metal::grin:

5 Likes

Thanks @MikeC it’s easily becoming my go to P bass and inhale 2 other awesome Fender American P basses. The fit and feel just outstanding

2 Likes

Howdy from TEXAS fellow BassBuzz’ers!
Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 17.14.48

Wanted to cover Dusty Hill and one of my favorite ZZ Top songs, Blue Jeans Blues.

Since I didn’t post a Christmas cover, I got “into character!” LoL

Hope you like it.

https://youtu.be/LGhjZCQHJrQ

Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 16.35.32

Gear:

Bass = Fender “Mike Dirnt Road Worn P-Bass” (MIM)
Strings = La Bella Deep Talkin’ Flats

14 Likes

Very nice work @JDDaniel ! And may I say very Texan :+1:

What’s the bass btw?

3 Likes

Thanks brother @Ed! It is the Fender “Mike Dirnt Road Worn P-Bass” (MIM) with the tele-style headstock. Mike Dirnt I know, but its the closest thing I’ve got to a P-Bass like Dusty played. :wink:

4 Likes

nice cover @JDDaniel and it’s always great to hear something about Dusty …

Maybe you could work a bit about your timing, but it’s a nice cover already !

4 Likes

Thanks @terb !

I recorded this 5-10 times (not in costume) and 4-6 more (in costume) and still missed the timing with the drums. Oh well, something to work on and I will definitely practice per your encouragement. Thanks again.

5 Likes