Post your covers! (2023)

Very nicely done Justin! Nice Mellow Monday Music. Did you post this because today is Rita Coolidge’s birthday? :laughing:

1 Like

That was just awesome John! I can appreciate all the work you put in to this cover. How do find the time for this?
I was going to do a Beatles dong for my next cover but that’s now gone out the window because there’s no following this one.
Again, a most excellent performance/production!

2 Likes

John I don’t even like the Beatles and I loved that. Very well done, some big technical challenges in there. Some nice work with bass effects too.

4 Likes

I don’t sleep much, lol.

2 Likes

Great work again @Justin3.
Nothing like a super sappy '70s tune to start the week.
Makes me want to turn on my am radio (if I had one).

2 Likes

@Paul_9207 @terb @howard thanks for the kind words guys! Seriously means a lot to me.

@John_E I can’t wait to listen to this on my headphones later this evening. The Abbey Road medley may be my favorite string of songs off any album. The way they made these all flow together so seamlessly is truly a joy to listen to.

2 Likes

Wow, great job John. I had started to do this a couple years ago, but never really got anywhere with it. I’m so glad to see you persevered and made it happen.

2 Likes

Wow, no I actually didn’t even realize it was her birthday. Someone emailed me for a transcript of this song, so I figured I’d post the cover here. Cool coincidence anyway!!

1 Like

This is tremendous @John_E! I’m looping it for the third time while I get some work done for the day. I absolutely love all of it – the mix, the playing, and most of all the care and patience it took to pull this off. Its inspiring to me as a bassist and just dang enjoyable as a Beatles fan.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the kind words! It keeps me motivated for sure. I’m actually exhausted today from finishing it last night lol.
Now to do something simple!!!

2 Likes

That’s flawless @JerryP the bass tone is awesome, also another reason to love TI jazz flats.

1 Like

That’s awesome @Ant you were in the pocket the whole time. I’m surprised how you can sit still playing that song, lol.

2 Likes

All picks, kudos @John_E i love the songs selection. The counter melodies were so awesome. I have not heard half the songs you played but now I’ll be adding them on my playlists. These songs are still as great today as when they were recorded.

Acknowledgment to Ringo, his drum parts are just pure gold.

2 Likes

Thanks much Al!

1 Like

Thanks Al! It’s just intense focus. Trust me, I’m rocking out in my head lol I just don’t have this one drilled in well enough to jam and play at the same time.

1 Like

Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons - December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night) (1975) bass cover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zXSV2SB5Yg

11 Likes

Apparently Ringo hates drum solos.
The one on The End is the only one he ever recorded!

2 Likes

What effect did you use on this?
Great way to update the tune.
Always loved this tune anyway, would be good for someone to bring it back fully updated.

1 Like

Nice covers @Justin3!
What kind of parrot is that?

2 Likes

That’s crazy, this song is very well known in France because Claude François, a crappy famous singer, sang it at the time. I didn’t knew it was a cover. (But, needless to say, I’ve not listen much to Claude François :joy: ) The original version is much better.

4 Likes