Post your covers! (2023)

Reverb from I think a place in Florida. It was the short scale version. Played nice but weighed 10 1/2 pounds. So I sold it pretty fast and bought a Fender P Bass.

1 Like

Why not just mute the bass track? Is the idea that doing that makes it too “thin”?

1 Like

Yes you want to remove just enough but not all. If you mute all the bass you might affect some of the other instruments that may be operating in those frequencies.

Sometimes I’ll not use Moises if it’s removing too much of the overall song and EQ it in GarageBand.

Use your ears and play around with it is my advice.

3 Likes

You had me at Elvis @JerryP :slight_smile: That sounded great and not a single fingerprint visible on the Aero!

1 Like

This is a great observation and advice. When I remove all of the bass track the song seems too anemic.

1 Like

great playing dude, The stingray sounds great to me.

2 Likes

Thanks @Vegaswizzle it’s funny both are Stingray to me one just happens to be on steroid, lol. the $$ is very rude and in your face. I love it!

2 Likes

Thanks Barney!

Micro fiber cloths before the shoot. :sponge:

3 Likes

You could also just file off your fingerprints. Might come in handy in… other situations.

3 Likes

America - You Can Do Magic (1982) bass cover

Original bass removed with Moises
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpJMM5202pQ

13 Likes

Nice one Justin! I haven’t heard this song in a long time.
Nice job.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxZ5ECXxXgU

14 Likes

I had the day off today so I kept myself busy.

20 Likes

Love the song. Great finger tone. I love your song choices.

2 Likes

Great job @JerryP, I love Fogerty, one of the greatest Rock’N’Roller. You just nailed it.

2 Likes

I haven’t made a cover in a while.
This song has been a favorite since I was a kid, but I always thought it was called Human Wreckage, it is on my phone as Human Wreckage because that’s the file I downloaded from Napster 25 years ago. Anyway, not a hard bass line, but it’s really fun to play.

Sponge - Plowed
https://youtu.be/2zUuozDbnRo
I have been playing my Sterling more lately, it plays so nicely. On a side note, do any of you have a problem with your forearm sticking to your bass? If I try to move my arm at all it won’t budge, it’s stuck. I’m thinking about getting some kind of sleeve.

16 Likes

Do you play guitar @Paul_9207? Not only you didn’t miss any picking action but your left thumb muting is very impressive. I’m so jealous! I can’t pick to save my life, lol. Did you also angle your pick? It sounded great, very crisp. Great job man.

3 Likes

I love this song. Still a work in progress I transcribed it but didn’t put the entire score down. I had a lot of fun doing this cover.

Song
FrogVille by Cory Wong

Bass
BassBuzz Bass by Dan Thompson from Guns’N’Guitars
Squier by Fender Precision Bass
MusicMan Joe Dart II
MusicMan Stingray HH
Fender American Performer Mustang Bass

19 Likes

That Dart sounds fantastic, they all do actually. Amazing playing as well!

3 Likes

Great job @Paul_9207 . I used to have a sweating problem on that spot with a satin finish on a Sadowsky that I had. I ordered the 2 pack of the Nike reversible sweat bands (using one and keeping one in the bass case) and was good to go. A sleeve would work as well, but the sweatband will fit in with the rock look when you occasionally go back to that 6 string thing.

4 Likes