Post your covers! (2024)

1 Like

I understand him. You can hear what he’s singing (unlike Dylan) but his voice is like nails on a chalkboard. Hard hard pass :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Well I’m glad you got the joke at least :rofl:

tbh Why Go is their only song that I actually love. The first verse is awesome and I do really enjoy his vocals on that one, great intro, just hooks me right away :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Green Day - Longview

8 Likes

Today’s offering is a fantastic song by Katy Perry.

I Kissed A Girl (Rock Mix) - Katy Perry

The bass line was played on a Hagstrom Viking, into GarageBand on an iPhone, via a Scarlett Solo. The only effects I added were a touch of compression.

Once again, the video was shot by my 9 year old daughter. And to those of you that think I’m miming in the video, what you can’t see is the ‘king HUGE Marshall stack, which is cunningly hidden behind the tree :wink:

8 Likes

for your information @sunDOG there is another thread for partial covers :slight_smile: :

Post your practice fragments!

1 Like

Happy Saturday all! It’s time for my next entry from the MH catalogue. :smiley:

Mayer Hawthorne - Sweet Temptation Woman

For this song, I used a combination of Transcribe! and Moises to learn by ear. Then I worked out a score in MuseScore and added some tabs. My final video isn’t note perfect as I added a couple variations. If anyone is interested in the score, I’d be happy to provide it.

Hope you enjoy!

9 Likes

David Bowie. Suffragette City Bass Cover.

My friends always tell me my bass is too low when I do bass covers. I usually just try and sit in the mix but cranked it up a bit for this one. A P bass with a pick and a bit of overdrive has such a great tone I think. If you are into that punk/metal sound.

14 Likes

I started playing bass at the beginning of 2023 and have been using Rocksmith 2014 to help me learn songs. I recently bought the Trans-Siberian Orchestra song pack that included the song “Christmas Canon Rock”. It’s a pretty easy song to learn to play and I have been having lots of fun playing it.
This was filmed in December 2023 and I recently bought the B2BA courses so I will get better. I promise!!! :stuck_out_tongue:
As I get better, I might post some other songs… but I have “stage fright”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Christmas Canon Rock - Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Rocksmith 2014 - Bass - DLC
Trans-Siberian Orchestra Song Pack

Filmed with a DJI Osmo Pocket 3

11 Likes

great tone, yeah, and nice playing too. Which overdrive did you use on this one ?

Also it would be nice to write clearly the artist and song name in your post (like “Artist - Song”), when you release a cover. Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There is a “Dirt” swith on my JHS Pulp ‘N’ Peel V4 Compressor Pedal. Used that on this one. I went back and listed the song and artist.

3 Likes

thanks !

2 Likes

nice job, great tone!

2 Likes

good job! Rocksmith is a great resource for learning songs.

3 Likes

Nice cover! I think you’ll find that folks here are super supportive. Don’t be shy! :smiley:

1 Like

Key to the Highway - Derek and the Dominos

I’ve been away for a while, but it doesn’t mean I haven’t been working on some new songs. Should have a few posts over the next few weeks

10 Likes

not that I’m a big fan of blues anymore (I overdosed it somewhat :sweat_smile: ) but yeah that’s cool, your progress is very noticeable @401Blues , you’re more tight considering the rhythmic placement compared to your previous covers. You’re definitly in the right path.

:v::grin:

2 Likes

@terb …it’s funny i have been recording myself playing this song all along as I learned it and I played it near perfect a number of times… but it always sounded a bit mechanical. After watching my robot versions this morning I decided to really play it aggressively, pluck the strings as hard as I could, really got my head into it and the rhythm of the song.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s how you learn ! the idea is not to pluck as hard as you can, but more to put something organic into the bass line. You’re not far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You might like this thread!

2 Likes