Post your covers! (2024)

I liked that!

3 Likes

I got a couple covers done today. I realized this week that I need to learn some more songs that aren’t pop punk. It must be one of my favorite genres. It was a bit of a struggle today as I’ve been trying out new picks. Anyway, here they are.

Blink 182 - Anthem

Blink 182 - Anthem Pt. 2

12 Likes

Great song, great cover, great attitude!:metal:

I definitely need your Spotify playlist :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a great song. Nice work @fennario ! Very much enjoyed that.

2 Likes

Great job on both covers, Paul! I can see why you go through picks so fast! :grin:

2 Likes

Finally got my first cover up for 2024! Here is “Don’t Get Me Wrong” by the Pretenders. This is the 4th Pretenders song I’ve covered. They have so many great basslines and Chrissie has a way of make even the simplest songs interesting and special. Thanks for listening!

13 Likes

You make it look so fun to play though! Great job with these, love the Blink!

Thanks @JerryP !

Nice! Great song, listening to your cover was a great start to the day!

4 Likes

That is quite the bass line! great job

3 Likes

Great job dlamson! You made it look so easy.

2 Likes

Awesome job man. Love the pretenders

3 Likes

Very nice brother!

2 Likes

Maybe yesterday, I was a bit premature saying I wouldn’t be doing a bass cover for a while as I wait for my blistered plucking finger recovers!

Today, the Pick to Destiny was released from the draw and powered me through a rendition of Nirvana’s Smells Like Teen Spirit. I haven’t played anything with a plectrum for the best part of 30 years and today was my first go using one on a bass!

It worked! Yay!!

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Acoustic / Live)

The Dingwall Combustion was played directly into the Scarlett Solo, the on into GarageBand. The only processing was some compression. Once again, I doubled the bass tracks to create a fuller sound. I also doubled the original guitar track. The bass is probably a little too prominent in the mix, but hey, we’re all bassist here!

I remember ‘moshing’ to this on Saturday nights in a sh!tty club in the UK’s post industrial Midlands, back in the 90s. Great memories!!

It’s also interesting how aggressive bass strings are on a plectrum. I remember them lasting ages on a guitar, but this is after a couple of hours!!

I did try a heavier one, but really didn’t like how it felt; way too hard and unyielding.

10 Likes

nice job! this song always reminds me of wakeboarding. during the intro I always think of the sun shimmering on a lake.

4 Likes

Thank you :pray: I appreciate that, yea I can see what you’re saying! Definitely a good jam for sure, love The Cult!!

3 Likes

Alright so I just wanted to give a huge shout out to any and all that have checked my cover videos out! I started my YT channel March of 23 and had an initial goal of posting 100 bass cover videos and gaining 200 subscribers in the first year. Long shot I thought, huge long shot, but next Friday I will post my 100th bass cover and I’m sitting at 195 subscribers right now….:flushed:…….I’m very appreciative of everyone who has subbed to the channel and has watched one, 10, or all of the videos. I realize I’m kind of new here, but I feel at home already and am extremely grateful to be among some great musicians here. Thank you for all of your love and support so far, y’all da bomb!

7 Likes

Great guage on the pick. Great job on the video as well!

3 Likes

Great job man, love blink 182

3 Likes

Sammy is one of my favorite artists. You rocked this jam for sure bro, good job!

3 Likes

A couple of mistakes in here, but here is my cover of “Let’s Stay Together” by Al Green. I always mess up when I start recording :joy:.

15 Likes

Thanks for the thread @DLiqacy @terb has been doing a great job of the “post your covers” thread I just want to give a shout out to him.

Superb cover from the intro to outtro and the Dynamic is great. Your showmanship is also awesome. I enjoy the video very much. Now it’s time to start catching up on almost 400 posts already, lol.

3 Likes