Post your covers! (2024)

All sound advice :slightly_smiling_face: only trouble is

After 10hrs a night at work on the solid concrete warehouse floor, I never really play standing, feet are dropping off :joy:

Thanks John :slightly_smiling_face:

+1 :joy:

2 Likes

José Feliciano - Chico and the Man {Main Theme}(1974)

13 Likes

excellent as always. I wouldn’t mind a video tour of your bass collection.

7 Likes

Great job as always Justin!

4 Likes

I take Moises backing tracks and run thru Audacity. There I add an 8 count in.

• Run track thru Moises to remove bass track, then move to Audacity Folder for processing.
  • Run backing track thru Audacity to add Rhythm track for 2 bars at beginning of song
    • Using the “Hand” Slide song to the right to make room for Rhythm Track
    • Select GENERATE pull down - Select Rhythm Track
    • Move hand pointer to end of song
    • Select File - Export Audio - select MP3

That usually give me enough time to get ready for the 1

3 Likes

After an incredible total of zero covers in 2023, I’m back with this one. This is a punk/rock local band that I quite like.

Corbak Bastards - Ça Sent La Merde

“Corbak” is an slang french word for “crow”. I won’t translate the lyrics because it’s very vulgar and politic. Like a lot of french punk, actually.

Fender Precision Bass (EADG) , Demonfx Microtubes D7K Ultra , Line6 Bass POD Pro (mod. Ampeg SVT-VR), DAI Steinberg UR22C , DAW Reaper 6.73

19 Likes

Nice groove here. There’s a lovely rhythm in this song. Well done.

3 Likes

Great sound @terb (ça envoie clairement le message ^^)
While I’m not into punk, I always loved the energy. Nice !

3 Likes

3 Likes

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising

Not my most motivated cover attempt, but here goes anyway :

I think I slightly hit the headstock just before playing and seems detune on the D, but I only realised it while I was finishing editing. Sorry for that. I will leave it at that (for now).

8 Likes

Good stuff bro!!

3 Likes

Thanks! I won the genetic lottery for something I guess lmao

2 Likes

Great cover and song there, mate!

3 Likes

Cool song and a very relaxed cover! I Like!

Don’t know why, but I had to think of Les Négresses Vertes (think: “Zobi la Mouche”) immidiately. Different style, similar energy, similar way of singing…

4 Likes

Great job Justin! Chico and The Man was a very funny show. Good choice.

3 Likes

Awesome playing Laurent! Hope to see more covers this year.

3 Likes

I may do something like that. I only wish that I had the collection I once did! I used to have a Wal, a Rickenbacker, and a Spector all at the same time but ended up selling those for one reason or another.

3 Likes

Thanks bro

3 Likes

Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire

13 Likes

Oh maaan, this song randomly appeared on iTunes last night, while I was in the car, on the way to the shops to buy yogurt! I like yogurt! :rofl:

Freak me, I love the vibe and I had to play it. Luckily, it’s pretty easy - A G D F/C on repeat, but with one repeat being A C D F/C, so it didn’t take long to learn. Annoyingly, the original was likely played on a 5-string, I only have 4s. I think it sounds fine (what do you think?), but it has got me wondering if I should buy another bass :rofl:

Anyway, tonight was an outing for the Steinberger. I know some people aren’t fans of these basses, but I love ‘em!!

Host - My Only Escape

14 Likes