Post your covers! (2024)

Ooh. I really like this song. Might chase it down. Thanks :slight_smile:

Needless to say, well done as always!

2 Likes

Thank you @Jacob. C

I’m still new to this, I started the course last August and completed it, minus the slap module around Christmas. I’m still in the punch a bunch of notes phase, but what I’m finding is that a) it’s great fun finding songs that I can play, and b) you learn things by playing them: keeping time, reoccurring patterns (this could be a run of notes that keep repeating - Super Freak , or similarities between songs - Personal Jesus and My Only Escape follow a similar chord progression, but sound very different), that fact that songs can have very simple bass lines and still be fantastic (Waterfront by Simple Minds is a great example of this), etc.

I’ve also got an ever-expanding list of songs I want to learn….iTunes is both a blessing and a curse!! :rofl:

4 Likes

Awesome work Scott! Enjoyed it!

3 Likes

Great job brother

4 Likes

Nice @TheMadBassist …dare I bite the hand that feeds us!

4 Likes

In honor of Josh’s 2 Week Slap Challenge video, I was inspired to put up my first slap cover. This one has no pops, just slaps and ghost notes but it’s quite a workout. Watching the playback I definitely have some unorthodox stuff going on but like the way it sounds. The song mostly stays on the open E note, but when you’re Flea, you can make that sound pretty cool. Here is my cover of Red Hot Chili Pepper’s “Behind The Sun”. Thanks for checking it out!

12 Likes

Nice job amigo :facepunch::sunglasses:

2 Likes

We daren’t, is that a word? It is now haha :joy: Thanks :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks MadBassist!

2 Likes

Wow, great progress. Thanks for the suggestion. Depeche Mode really does have great hooks. I looked up the tabs for Just Can’t Get Enough and I’ve been grooving with a Youtube video for the last half hour. It’s simple and repetitive so it’s helping me focus on keeping time and good notes. Cheers.

3 Likes

With all the recent talk about the early 80s New Romantic scene, I thought I’d throw a bit of Soft Cell into the mix. I don’t think they were ever ‘New Romantics’, but I think they were around the London clubs at that time.

I love the reference in this song to a saxophone, when what you can actually hear is a trumpet :wink:

This song was an experiment in tone and also doubling the bass line, but playing slightly different rhythms on each. What do you think? Can you even hear it? :crazy_face:

Soft Cell - Torch

7 Likes

Well done sunDOG!

2 Likes

Thanks MB!!

3 Likes

This is a really fun one that I did on my acoustic/electric Ibanez some time ago but haven’t shared here until now.

The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me (1968) bass cover

10 Likes

nice one again @TheMadBassist

3 Likes

Really nice job here @cheeze_pizza
Great tone too.

3 Likes

Damn if you don’t nail this on a fretless dude!
Wow, this was fantastic.

4 Likes

Nice playing, not crazy about tone, almost sounds a bit out fo tune.

2 Likes

Nice again @Justin3

3 Likes

The bass was in tune - tuned it immediately before playing. The only effect was compression.

A lot of Soft Cell sounds a bit out - I think it’s a function of Marc Almond’s voice! :rofl:

4 Likes